"Purple Man" ....1 of a kind RF

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
Purpleman is really beautiful! Are you keeping this particular beauty?
:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. I do wish though that he would have kept more of his original leg coloring. Could you add more dye next time:p
Good thing you stop us in our tracks about the Rad and Purple man being together. Man, I would have jumped on you like bees to honey:p:D:)
So glad your keeping him.

Last edited:

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I wonder if he'll outgrow the Bean. She's 5inches now too. :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
worst of worst you come with some more hypos or het for hypos lol now just gotta find a 1 of a kind purp girl for the 1 of a kind purp man
David ....actually there is no guessing in the Hypo game .....it takes 2 - 100% Hypo's (recessive gene ) to produce visual hypos' 100% all the time within a clutch ......
you can have "percentages" breeding a Het Hypo x Het Hypo and or Hypo x Het . The Cove' took 8+ years to achieve this goal ....no guess work involved and selective breeding. Da' Purps (man or gal ) would only be bred with another pure Hypo with same characteristics. I have hatched 3 total (including purps ) with the X~treme purple since 2010- my first Hypo hatch . I have only kept him .....

and this year well 2014 I should say .......here an example 2- different Mothers -Same father

Da OG purple man .....2013

I would be confident to say my male Hypo is carrying FUNKY COOL rare gene code ......(Anerythristic/Axanthic) as it shows in different Hues and extremes between the two producing females impregnated by the same male.

and just FYI

Anerythristic - having no red color.

Axanthic - having no yellow color.

JD~:)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Talking about unique......Puroleman are one and only right??

WOW! ! ! ! !

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
David ....actually there is no guessing in the Hypo game .....it takes 2 - 100% Hypo's (recessive gene ) to produce visual hypos' 100% all the time within a clutch ......
you can have "percentages" breeding a Het Hypo x Het Hypo and or Hypo x Het . The Cove' took 8+ years to achieve this goal ....no guess work involved and selective breeding. Da' Purps (man or gal ) would only be bred with another pure Hypo with same characteristics. I have hatched 3 total (including purps ) with the X~treme purple since 2010- my first Hypo hatch . I have only kept him .....

and this year well 2014 I should say .......here an example 2- different Mothers -Same father

Da OG purple man .....2013

I would be confident to say my male Hypo is carrying FUNKY COOL rare gene code ......(Anerythristic/Axanthic) as it shows in different Hues and extremes between the two producing females impregnated by the same male.

and just FYI

Anerythristic - having no red color.

Axanthic - having no yellow color.

JD~:)

i'd say your correct in he's carrying it thanks for the info i love learning about gene's and you seem very knowledgeable on them so i alway's enjoy asking you questions