problems with tortoisestuff.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnysd

5 Year Member
hello, i have a problem that i want to bring up to see if anyone else had the same problem. About 2 weeks ago i purchase some tortoise grazing seeds from tortoisestuff.com. i paid using my paypal account. i still have yet to receive my product. now shipping shouldn't take that long since we are both in california. i mean i purchased some Mazuri tortoise pellets from Bean farm and my stuff came within 5 days. i have tried contacting them through email but no reponse. i called the number listed but its no longer in service. should i be worried? i had an identity theft incident a couple of years ago. so now i'm really paranoid about having my billing info floating around like that. if anyone has dealt with tortoisestuff.com and has a number, may i have it?

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
If you're not satisfied with the service cancel the transaction at paypal.

johnnysd

5 Year Member
thank you for the quick reply, can i still cancel a transaction even though paypal says the third party has already been paid?

secondly, do you think i should cancel. i meant is it normal for a person to receive a product 2 weeks later even though you're in the same state?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Paypal allows you 30 days I believe to contest a billing dispute whether or not if it is an item never recieved, or what. I know 3 people fraudulently disputed some paypal charges with me and even though I was right they still refunded their money, so if the company did not ship your stuff I would dispute it with paypl, they contact the person and let them know that you are disputing something and then they have like 2 weeks to correct it by either delivering the item, or paypl takes your money back for you from them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Turtlestuff is not a fraudulent dealer, they really ARE in the business to sell turtle stuff. However, it is my understanding that the business is operated by one person and personal life intervenes, causing delays with orders. If you are patient, she eventually will process the order, but it does take quite a while.

johnnysd

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Paypal allows you 30 days I believe to contest a billing dispute whether or not if it is an item never recieved, or what. I know 3 people fraudulently disputed some paypal charges with me and even though I was right they still refunded their money, so if the company did not ship your stuff I would dispute it with paypl, they contact the person and let them know that you are disputing something and then they have like 2 weeks to correct it by either delivering the item, or paypl takes your money back for you from them.
thank you very much! you totally put my mind at ease. thank you once again

emysemys said:
Turtlestuff is not a fraudulent dealer, they really ARE in the business to sell turtle stuff. However, it is my understanding that the business is operated by one person and personal life intervenes, causing delays with orders. If you are patient, she eventually will process the order, but it does take quite a while.
thank you, i think i will wait. i really want them to be legit because i do need their product. i have 30 days so i will wait.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Direct from paypals resolution page
Step 1 - Identify issue

Most disputes are the result of simple misunderstandings. It's best to initiate communication with the seller as soon as you recognize a potential problem.

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment. By opening a dispute, you are able to communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you and your seller are unable to agree on a solution, you must escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

You must wait seven days to open a dispute, but even though you have 45 days they suggest you open it as soon as possible. Hope this helps.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I have ordered from them sometime back...it did take a minute to get the seeds....but they did show up :D

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
im not bagging on em but i ordered jerry fifes star tortoise book and it took so long to get there i forgot i even ordered it and i ordered another one from somewhere else and it got there before theirs even came so i ended up with two books,i jus dont order from them anymore unless i dont mind waitn a month and yeah i beleive i couldnt get ahold of em either BUTit did come and i think they state on there website that they are always out seed hunting so i should have expected it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It could just be USPS. I've had packages get "lost" and then received them after 2 months, after I had received the replacement the seller sent. It happens. But to me, the no communication is unacceptable. I'd wait 3 day or so after you sent the email and if you don't hear anything, then open a dispute. Life happens, but their problem shouldn't be yours.

I've read similar stories and it probably kept me from ordering from them.

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Based on the website, it looks very much like a Mom&Pop type shop. Like Yvonne said, it could be operated by one person and we all know how life can get. That being said, unless something tragic or beyond human control has happened, 5 minutes to respond to your email is not asking too much. Heck, even 30 seconds to set up an "out-of-office because (insert whatever happened here)" reply is quicker.

Personally I'd try to contact them one more time, then take it up with Paypal within 2 or 3 business days.

jaizei said:
I've read similar stories and it probably kept me from ordering from them.

Ditto.

socalturtle

5 Year Member
I have ordered seeds from them a few times. This winter, it did take about 6 weeks. I tried to email them directly and did not here back, but occasionally received an email stating that seeds were taking a while to dry but they would come. The customer service wasn't great, they did come, the product was good, and I would order from them again, with the udnerstanding that it may take awhile. I am not sure how their seed collection process goes, but it seems they aren't always immediately available to ship out and sometimes it can take them awhile before they have the seeds you ordered ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.