Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Dang! I was talking to my sister on the phone as I turned off the computer just now, and felt a eyelash or something in my eye, so I reached up and rubbed my eye, and now it's burning like crazy! I must've had something toxic on my fingers.

Anyway. . . the reason I turned the computer back on just now, while I was talking to Maggie I walked over to the incubators and opened a lid. SURPRISE! More leopards are hatching!

leopard eggs 7-20-17.jpg

William has a trip planned to come get the 13 that hatched a couple weeks ago, now he has more to take home with him!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's why I was trying to think of things that can be used online. My first thought was a coffee card and then I remembered that may not be useful everywhere. My next thought was some seeds for tortoise edible plants, but again I knew some counties wont let you import them. Darn global complications!

O-o-o-o I like that idea too. I bought a packet of Mediterranean tortoise type seeds online last year. I'l go see if that site still sells them. Thanks for that idea.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, the prize for the 100,000th post here in the chat room is 1 small packet each:

Tortoise Forage Blend
White clover
Tortoise Food Mix
Russian Tortoise Forage Blend

I have an Amazon Visa card and when I use it on Amazon for my shopping, I get rewards points. Turns out my rewards points covered the cost of this order, so it's a freebie for me!!

Even if the winner doesn't have an outside area to plant in, they can always plant in kitty litter trays. Many members do that.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I have an Amazon Visa card and when I use it on Amazon for my shopping, I get rewards points. Turns out my rewards points covered the cost of this order, so it's a freebie for me!!

I just paid $20 for a $200 gas powered weed whacker thanks to a sale and having a TON of Sears points.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This version of "Pretend Chat" has 99,615 posts. Let's do something for the 100,000th post and who it is. I don't mind donating some sort of little prize and donating the postage to mail it to the winner. Give me some suggestions.

We can keep track of who it is by the tiny, little number just next to the "like" "reply" buttons. For example, MPRC's post right above mine here was the 99,616 post.

Play fair. Don't post any way you haven't already been posting. No bombing.

I don't see that number, no fair

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This really puts a crimp in my style. . . I went out to start my truck to go on my normal Friday errands and all it does is click. Dang it! I checked and I hadn't left any door open, or lights on, etc. so I s'pose this means I need a new battery. AAA is coming to give me a jump, then I'll head over to Sears for a new Diehard. That means I'll be doing my errands this afternoon in the heat. Maybe I'll wait and do them tomorrow. Sheesh!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
A couple of years ago my battery went dead ! I called AAA for a jump ! They offered to sell me a new batt for $171.00 . I said no thank you ! Thinking I could get one cheaper else where . So I went to pep boys looking for a $29.95 batt ! Pep boys gave me adeal that deal was ----- $171. 00 ! So this year when my wife's batt went dead --- I told her just buy it from AAA !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A couple of years ago my battery went dead ! I called AAA for a jump ! They offered to sell me a new batt for $171.00 . I said no thank you ! Thinking I could get one cheaper else where . So I went to pep boys looking for a $29.95 batt ! Pep boys gave me adeal that deal was ----- $171. 00 ! So this year when my wife's batt went dead --- I told her just buy it from AAA !

I'm so impressed!!!!! My driveway is tight. It's ok for me because I'm backing out of the garage and this gives me more turning around room. So when the AAA guy came backing up the hill of my driveway and stopped about 75' from the garage I wondered if he had jumper cables long enough to reach the front of the truck. But he pulls out this little gizmo about the size of a cell phone, pops the hood and attaches it to my battery, tells me to start her up. Which I did, and it did!!! The thing even charges laptops and cell phones. Modern technology! Come to find out, my old battery was installed in my truck in '06 by AAA. But I'm a fan of Sears Diehard batteries, so that's where I headed - to the tune of $175!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now you folks are probably not going to believe me, but I swear it's true.

Today was my 'waiting' day. . . a day to work on being patient:

I waited 45 minutes for the AAA guy to give me a jump.

I waited 2 and a half hours for Sears to install the battery in my truck. (See sub note 1)

I waited over an hour for Me 'n Ed's to make a medium thick crust pizza. (See sub note 2)

#1 - I read all the magazines in Sears' automotive's waiting room, and when I started to feel like I was melding with the chair (a little over 2 hours), I got up and wandered out into the sales room to do some exciting window shopping, looking at batteries and tires and such. As I passed the front window I see my truck out in the parking lot, and I hear a voice behind me across the room, hollering, "Your truck is ready. They called your number a while ago." ??? My "number", when called, rings in my bedroom, at my house. Sheesh.

#2 - So, by this time being pretty darned hungry and having craved pizza for a couple of weeks, I decided to swing by Me 'n Ed's on the way home. I placed my order and was told it would be about 20 minutes. This is a very big shopping center and I decided to pass some of that time walking around the perimeter of the parking lot. Then I went back inside and commenced to wait, sitting on a very hard, slatted wood bench. . . and wait. . . and wait. When the clock on my new cell phone reached the 30 minute mark I went up to the counter and asked if they called my name and I didn't hear. After looking for my order, the manager tells me there was a mix up and my ticket got tossed, but ". . . I'll reimburse your $$ and we'll get started right away on your pizza." While I was waiting, he told me if I come back another day there will be a credit there waiting for me for another medium, thick crust combination pizza. So even though I had to wait over an hour for a crummy pizza, at least it only cost time, no money.

So now, since this is a "waiting" day, I'm sitting here in my recliner waiting for sleep/nap to overtake me.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
This version of "Pretend Chat" has 99,615 posts. Let's do something for the 100,000th post and who it is. I don't mind donating some sort of little prize and donating the postage to mail it to the winner. Give me some suggestions.

We can keep track of who it is by the tiny, little number just next to the "like" "reply" buttons. For example, MPRC's post right above mine here was the 99,616 post.

Play fair. Don't post any way you haven't already been posting. No bombing.

So I should start posting erratically now so its less obvious in 350 posts?;)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm just curious how far past the magic number we will be before we remember there's a prize. :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm just curious how far past the magic number we will be before we remember there's a prize. :p

Well, hopefully most will forget so we don't have a lot of single word posts or only smiley face posts. Between the two of us we should be able to keep track of it.