Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
The ground is so saturated that my hanging basket poles bent over and the baskets are inches from the ground.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it's another one of those I-don't-want-to-do-anything days. I've been sitting here re-reading old, old posts just so I don't have to get up and do something.

Will was here this past week-end and he replaced three fence posts for me. The old posts were all in a row, and set in cement, so it was a pretty big job. Add to that the temperature Saturday was 99F. But we were able to get it done in half a day and had no escapee gulf coast or water turtles (the fence was separating my pond and gulf coast yard from my neighbor's property).

Today I'm running sprinklers. I think I'm going to have to go with twice a week pasture watering instead of weekly. The pastures are looking a bit on the brown side. The tortoises still eat it, but it would be nice if it were green and fresh.

I'm having a hard time finding any takers to buy BO and SO. If any of you know someone who have a few extra $$ and is looking for over 200lb Aldabran, but far from perfect shell growth, tortoises, please tell them about mine.

No physical construction has started on the road widening on the street in front of my house. Still in the right-of-way, eminent domain, engineering phase.

I guess I've put it off long as I can. Got to go chop up some tortoise food and get going.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Well, it's another one of those I-don't-want-to-do-anything days. I've been sitting here re-reading old, old posts just so I don't have to get up and do something.

Will was here this past week-end and he replaced three fence posts for me. The old posts were all in a row, and set in cement, so it was a pretty big job. Add to that the temperature Saturday was 99F. But we were able to get it done in half a day and had no escapee gulf coast or water turtles (the fence was separating my pond and gulf coast yard from my neighbor's property).

Today I'm running sprinklers. I think I'm going to have to go with twice a week pasture watering instead of weekly. The pastures are looking a bit on the brown side. The tortoises still eat it, but it would be nice if it were green and fresh.

I'm having a hard time finding any takers to buy BO and SO. If any of you know someone who have a few extra $$ and is looking for over 200lb Aldabran, but far from perfect shell growth, tortoises, please tell them about mine.

No physical construction has started on the road widening on the street in front of my house. Still in the right-of-way, eminent domain, engineering phase.

I guess I've put it off long as I can. Got to go chop up some tortoise food and get going.
WOW! ! !

You will let go BO and SO?? I hope I have the money and the space for them..:(:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They are manageable for this 78 year old body, but I can see a time when something may occur that I'd need help with - maybe one cold winter evening and one of them didn't go into the shed. How do I move him in there if he won't follow a strawberry - maybe one tried to climb the fence or a tree and tipped over. How do I get him tipped back? or, and this is the big one, when they widen the street and take off 10 or 15 feet of my frontage (the aldabran yard) how do I get them moved to a new area of my property?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very true. I wish you find a taker near you soon and you can still go visit them when you are 108.

Best wishes to them.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Do BO and SO have a trust fund? If so they can come here, haha.

My parents live 500 miles away and just "remembered" to tell me they are stopping by tomorrow and they are staying the night. Not much heads up.

theguy67

10 Year Member!

My parents live 500 miles away and just "remembered" to tell me they are stopping by tomorrow and they are staying the night. Not much heads up.

Thats whats nice about an apartment. Not much room for visitors.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Thats whats nice about an apartment. Not much room for visitors.

I'm in the process of buying a house so they want to see it. I liked the simplicity of apartment living, but not with 6 tortoises, no way!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I wish my Mom could do that to me...