Posting Your Location

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
scratch that...I just learned something new.
I dropped my phone after I sent that reply (oops) and the screen auto rotated. When my screen rotates, I see the entire avatar box and signatures. LOL who knew? What a happy accident.
BAHAHAHA you should have asked a kid. They could have told you how to get the whole thing in a second:confused:. You know your getting old when you don't pick up on all the technology has to offer:p:D;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Same on my Samsung. I'm not sure if I put my location but can't see it either way. (Maine)
Your location isn't in your avatar. I see you posted it in the post though. However, that won't help with further posts without adding it to your avatar or signature

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Do you have to take I-405 3/4 to get there?
I use mostly I 5, but sometimes go through an inland route on I 15 to the I 210. Sometimes I take I 405. A buddy from High School drives a full size semi and he know many quickly ways around snarls. I've been know to call him and ask, "what should I do". Lately I've been making mulch deliveries and tortoise hook-ups the drivers to which route I take.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
I don't know when that started, calling LA So Cal. Parts of San Diego feel like LA to me, still too much traffic.
I have had a spin or two around Staten Island and the great metro NYC area. LA (and SD) traffic is just congested at times, but not that bad. Everyone seems pretty darn cooperative to get from point A to point B here. NYC it's a giant pissing match.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I use mostly I 5, but sometimes go through an inland route on I 15 to the I 210. Sometimes I take I 405. A buddy from High School drives a full size semi and he know many quickly ways around snarls. I've been know to call him and ask, "what should I do". Lately I've been making mulch deliveries and tortoise hook-ups the drivers to which route I take.

I'm not familiar with the interstates in SoCal, but I laughed at Mark's response because I thought it was pretty funny adding the three quarters to the back of the interstate 405. There isn't a three quarters is there? You missed it ha!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
I'm not familiar with the interstates in SoCal, but I laughed at Mark's response because I thought it was pretty funny adding the three quarters to the back of the interstate 405. There isn't a three quarters is there? You missed it ha!
I saw it, didn't know what to make of it. Maybe 3/4 meant the time spent to travel the route, even though it's only about 1/4 of the distance.

Clovis doesn't even rate an "I" , for that matter the eastern half of the south Central valley doesn't rate an "I" so I have to take state funded roads all the way from the Grape Vine to Clovis. Sorta makes you wonder if Eisenhower ever visited FresNO.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I saw it, didn't know what to make of it. Maybe 3/4 meant the time spent to travel the route, even though it's only about 1/4 of the distance.

Clovis doesn't even rate an "I" , for that matter the eastern half of the south Central valley doesn't rate an "I" so I have to take state funded roads all the way from the Grape Vine to Clovis. Sorta makes you wonder if Eisenhower ever visited FresNO.
OK @Will & @Yvonne G : You started it with your reference to Harry Potter and the train station to get the train he had take to get there = the only way he could get to the train was from the magical platform #9-3/4 that was between 9 & 10! SO.... Interstate 405-3/4!!!

If you have to explain it it's just not funny!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK @Will & @Yvonne G : You started it with your reference to Harry Potter and the train station to get the train he had take to get there = the only way he could get to the train was from the magical platform #9-3/4 that was between 9 & 10! SO.... Interstate 405-3/4!!!

No, it was funny. If I had a mouthful of coke I would have spit it all over my screen. . . and I didn't even know that there isn't a 405 3/4. I got it.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California

I didn't get it at first but then I went back and read the Harry Potter post. I got it before I read your explanation.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I'm glad I live in my nowhere town with its one freeway that has two lanes of traffic each direction and almost never has much traffic. You must be used to taking an hour to go 20 miles if the traffic doesn't bother you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

I didn't get it either. My mind was not in Harry Potter mode. My mind was in comparing horrible L.A. traffic to the even more horrible N.Y.C. traffic mode. Thanks a lot @Will for taking my mind there… BLECHHHH!!!

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Of all the places lived and worked, without a doubt, Washington DC has to be the worst. Atlanta is no picnic either. Having worked in NYC for a number of years, leaving earlier in the morning made traffic manageable. Here in God's little acre, traffic is a breeze.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I got it but was a little sad @Will thinks Orange County is not much different from LA. Our beaches are much better. ;)

For sure things change when you pass Camp Pendleton; I won't disagree with that!