Possible to get these tortoises in hawaii?

Bruh

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
I'm still a long way off before I get myself some tortoises, but I've been wondering if its possible to actually acquire Radiated tortoises or Burmese Mountain tortoises in Hawaii?

I've done some research into it and apparently Astrochelys Radiata and all Manouria fall into the "Restricted Animals Part B" List for Hawaii. Animals on this list are described as "may be imported for filming or exhibition or for research by zoological parks or for aquaculture production with approval from the Hawaii Board of Agriculture."
I'm unfamiliar with some of the terminology here and was hoping someone could enlighten me as to what this ultimately means.

Is importing a Radiated or Burmese Mountain tortoise impossible for me as long as I live in Hawaii? or are there permits/procedures I can go through to acquire these animals?

While we're on the topic of these tortoises, does anyone know if there are radiated or burmese mountain tortoise breeders in Hawaii? is it even legal to breed those here? Perhaps I wouldn't have to worry about these import protocols if they are already being bred/sold here.

mike thornton

Kauai
I also live in Hawaii my guess is it will be a no go the laws for animal importation are really strict as you know

Bruh

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I also live in Hawaii my guess is it will be a no go the laws for animal importation are really strict as you know

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It's too bad, I really love those Radiated torts. The Burmese Mountain tortoises are fascinating as well.

And just to clarify for everyone, my opening post "research" was based upon this page regarding animal importation to Hawaii from the US mainland(not from another country): http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/pi/pq/travel...ing-animals-to-hawaiʻi-from-the-u-s-mainland/