Ploughshare , Angonoka , Yniphora

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Borneo
Sam any update?
I have my first tort back in 2001 Indian Star of course. Then Radiata in 2003 (this one I hibe it to my friend in 2006). I work out of the city.
Than I fell in love with saltwaterfish and sps.
Afterworling for 12 years I back with the tortoise and just got my self a mid size, high dome and round Radiata. And still can not afford yniphora.

All are great , some hatches , some still eggs in the " cooker" .

Laying season ended , most in "hibernation" mode ! But 1 or 2 never rest . Thus the odd nest throughout the year .

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
9 year old boy ( still growing ) playing catching up to mom's size !! View attachment 178476

Mom's reaches me scutes already worn out from max growth and weathering .

She's a dwarf or the boy has hidden giant gene or from better nutrition under captives condition .

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498991811.246383.jpg

One year on and he has catches up and a bit larger than mom at 10 .

Taco*mom

All are great , some hatches , some still eggs in the " cooker" .

Laying season ended , most in "hibernation" mode ! But 1 or 2 never rest . Thus the odd nest throughout the year .
This is very interesting. So instead of going into brumation state they are still actively breeding.. Is this the first year they're like this?

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
20 years down the road, ppl will thought ploughshare originate in malaysia rather than Madagascar [emoji12]

I wont want that much attention - WWF , TRAFFIC and many many NGOs will pressure my government to track me till the end of my Life !!

Cheers

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
@emystiong

~ Is it legal to keep and breed them in your country?

Illegal to keep and breed !

Even local species like Manouria emys emys i cant get license for ( all CITES quota are “given “to a handful of individual and exported ) thought of trying to legalised my Mee herd by getting some CITES quota back when the quota are available for them from Malaysia .

So i just keep and breed all species i work with for my own enjoyment and enrichment .

Cheers