Please ID this tortoise

Inland Harp

I found this little guy in a park in Miami Florida. I suspect someone abandoned him/her. And ideas? Russian tortoise?

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 44

Inland Harp

I found this tortoise in a park in Miami and I believe someone abandoned him/her. Any ideas of what species it is? Russian tortoise?

IMG_1105.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's either a Greek or a Hermanns.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Neither Greek or Herman's are native to Florida so that is someone's pet. They may miss him. Tortoises escape quite often. When someone here confirms what type tortoise you can post notices of "found tortoise". Don't let on what type, though, let the owner tell you. Check Craigslist.

Inland Harp

Neither Greek or Herman's are native to Florida so that is someone's pet. They may miss him. Tortoises escape quite often. When someone here confirms what type tortoise you can post notices of "found tortoise". Don't let on what type, though, let the owner tell you. Check Craigslist.
I didn't check craigslist and no one is searching for a tortoise
I checked Craigslist and the only lost tortoise in the area is a 30 pound Sulcata. I'll keep looking and post found tortoise without a description.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
If you take a picture of the plastron(belly) it will help to identify species. It looks like a hermanns to me, but greek can have similar patterns on the shell, and from this picture I can't tell too much else.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
So much conflicting guesses... I need to know haha, because I'm super curious.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
So much conflicting guesses... I need to know haha, because I'm super curious.
Take a picture from directly above looking down at the tortoise. Then flip the tortoise over, take a picture and download them on here so that they can tell you what kind it is.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
I already suggested this. I'm not the OP and do not have this tortoise in my possession... I'm just super curious, haha.