Please help! Yellow foot tortoise owner.

Jennylee

**I do have a vet visit scheduled, but since I can't get in until tomorrow, was hoping for some advice here**

A couple days ago I noticed the side of his mouth looks very swollen or like he cut it open. Now the other side is starting to look a bit like that. Anybody experience this or have any advice?IMG_20170515_153333.jpg IMG_20170515_153321.jpg IMG_20170515_153338.jpg

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cary, NC
Looks pretty young. Looks to have a jaw misalignment on the left side. The upper maxilla already looks over grown. The area behind the jaw looks very scabbed up. I would wonder if you could clean it w/ some peroxide and Q tip until tomorrow. I want to know what is underneath the scabbing and see if it needs to just be cleaned every day or it is a real problem. Anatomical defects can become long term issues.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Let us know what the vet says.
Also, is the aquarium in the picture his home? If so, it looks to need some improvements. I couldn't see anything that looks like substrate and pretty dry looking which I thought your torts head was too. Not sure if that could have anything to do with the possible scab on mouth.
Post some pics of the enclosure and we can help you get it better if needed.