Please Help - White spots on my redfoots neck

Cheri

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything about White spots being on the Tortoises skin. Does anything know what is going on with him?
Rocco2.jpg Rocco1.jpg Rocco2.jpg

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
Looks normal to me. As long as it's same texture/consistency of the rest of his skin. Here's mine, same thing....ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432063275.740638.jpg

Cheri

Thank you! I've never noticed it before. Maybe he's just maturing? I did notice some little bugs in his enclosure :( Does that ever happen to any of you guys? I moved him into a temporary enclosure and I'm going to purchase a new one for him. I've had him in a glass tank and its hard as hell to keep it humid.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
Tiny bugs are normal because they often reside in the soil. If they become a problem, try replacing the soil. I've heard of some people baking it before placing it in the enclosure.

Expect to see many changes with your red's skin and shell. My red began developing marbeling on his plastron when he was a year old. I thought briefly it might be shell rot, but he's just developing a lovely pattern. :)