PLEASE HELP TORTOISE MISSING IN SAN PEDRO CALIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
This is Turtle Boy (TB), a Desert Tortoise, who is on the endangered species list. He belongs to a very good friend of mine, Debby Ann Diaz, and her husband, Larry Diaz. Sadly, Turtle Boy has been stolen from his home in San Pedro, CA, 4 days ago. :-(( He has been a member of this family for 24 years, and Debby and Larry are so devastated! He also has a wonderful doggie and kitty who are missing him very much! Debby says he is very vulnerable and needs special care...and in 6 weeks, he goes into hibernation, which the thieves would not understand! Please share this, esp if you live in/near San Pedro, or know anyone who does....Turtle Boy belongs with this family who loves him dearly!!"

Attachments

• TB.jpg
    TB.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 90
  • TB3.jpg
    TB3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 63

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Have you checked with the CTTC - to see if he was possibly turned in to them?

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
good idea, i asked debby to post there, i will check!!!! thank you so much kimber lee!!!!! love and hugs.

kimber_lee_314 said:
Have you checked with the CTTC - to see if he was possibly turned in to them?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry to hear this. I hope he is found. Make sure you let all animal rescues, and vets in your area know. Also, post a craigs list ad. Leave the photos out. Let it be known that they cannot be sold and that a return of him, will be with no questions asked. However, nail them to the wall, after of course turtle boy is returned. Good luck. Keep us updated.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you wellington!!!!!!! hugs!

wellington said:
Sorry to hear this. I hope he is found. Make sure you let all animal rescues, and vets in your area know. Also, post a craigs list ad. Leave the photos out. Let it be known that they cannot be sold and that a return of him, will be with no questions asked. However, nail them to the wall, after of course turtle boy is returned. Good luck. Keep us updated.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sorry to hear that, I hate tort thieves more than anything. Did they take him from the backyard or how did they get him

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry to hear this and hope TB will be found soon.
I worry about my torties, to many people slow down when they go past my place.
Makes me nervous. Hubby and I are in talks about a 6 ft wooden privacy fence at the road.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you blessed 3x and bigred.

bigred, he was taken from their backyard. debby said that in the 24 years TB has been with them the fence is always closed and he has never gotten out. everyone knows to close it. that day all was well. when she came back outside the fence was open. there were workers in the neighborhood that day. that is the only unusual thing. she hates to assume that one of the guys took him, but no one ever leaves the fence open. she has scoured the area with fliers and contacted the local shelters and stuff. breaks our hearts.

bigred said:
Sorry to hear that, I hate tort thieves more than anything. Did they take him from the backyard or how did they get him

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
It wouldn't hurt to check the Harbor Shelter...

Harbor Animal Care & Control
957 N. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
888-452-7381

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
will let debby know and do that! thank you so much dean!!!!!!!!!!! hugs!!!

DeanS said:
It wouldn't hurt to check the Harbor Shelter...

Harbor Animal Care & Control
957 N. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
888-452-7381

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you so much julius, you well wishes mean so much. the more positive energy we can send to TB and debby the better. hugs!

Julius25 said:
i wish you to find him back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.