Please help (septicemia?)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

5 Year Member
This could bs septicemia right? Please somebody. I don't want to loose my baby. Help me.

Attachments

• image-1759117245.png
    image-1759117245.png
    435.6 KB · Views: 125

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
RE: Please help!

Yes it could be, it could be many other things. A vet visit is most likely required.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri

just wondering, what are we actully looking for in this picture that you think is the problem?

Jessie

5 Year Member

I'm worried but my problem is I can't find any vets who deal with reptiles in my area. And petco refuses to take a look at him. What can I do?

SulcataSquirt said:
just wondering, what are we actully looking for in this picture that you think is the problem?

The red on his scutes.

Here's a closer picture. :(

Attachments

• image-2501343882.png
    image-2501343882.png
    471.7 KB · Views: 77

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

septicemia is an infection and the red color sometime pink color is an infection underneath the shell. It could be this, but a vet will be able tp tell for sure. Antibiotics are required to take care of it.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida

Jessie said:
I'm worried but my problem is I can't find any vets who deal with reptiles in my area. And petco refuses to take a look at him. What can I do?

SulcataSquirt said:

The red on his scutes.

Here's a closer picture. :(

where are you from?

Jessie

5 Year Member

I've made a vet apt. for tomorrow at 3:20. I will let you guys know how it goes or if i'm just a crazy overprotective new "mom". Thank you guys for the help. :)

Jessie

5 Year Member

Well the vet said the color change was just an indicator he was sick so we knew that right away, he then did a poop test and found what looks like pin worms but could very well be hook worms. I got some antibiotics to try and flush out the worms. He said that if shakespeare isn't seeming to perk up and get a little better within a few days to let him know and he will need a new poop sample and will then send it in to tell of it's for sure hook worms or not. Thank u all for your support again. I'm glad I had people to help me out in my moment of worry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.