Please,help me to learn my turtle is sea turtle or not :/

Tubu

2014-12-09 18.10.22.jpg 20141209_182616.jpg 20141210_125013.jpg I got it (Donnie) yesterday. He loves staying in water,but he doesn't look like sea turtles totally. I want to make habitat for it and I don't know which kind of habitat I have to make...Please,help me to clarify

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubu

Welcome. Cute little turtle. What do you mean "inside the potato sack"? Are you using a translator?
I mean exactly in the potato sack) We bought potatos,and we find this turtle among the potatos)
'r

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Tubu, and welcome to the forum!

This is crazy! How could the poor little thing stay alive long enough to go through all that potato packaging/selling/buying! How lucky your are. Let's send a shout out to @Gerards He will know what species the little guy is. In the mean time, keep him in water and have a rock or something in there so he can climb out of the water and sit in the sun (or under a light). Because you already have two turtles, I'm sure you know, but I'll remind you...water turtles can't swallow food unless they are in the water.

No, not a sea/ocean turtle, but a fresh water turtle.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
He is a cutie! :D
Your original three are tortoises.
Your new baby is an aquatic turtle... so he likes to swim, but he also needs a bit of land to bask on! :D
I'm so glad he was okay!