Please help identify

Gary Gerrard

Hi coukd i please have some help to identify this plant and if it is safe for my horsefield tortoise before i pull them out be a shame to waste them IMG_2334.JPG IMG_2334.JPG

Gary Gerrard

Please help me to identify this plant and of it is a safe to feed to my horsefield tort thanks IMG_2340.JPG

Gary Gerrard

IMG_2341.JPG Please help to identify these well leaves i think they may be dandelion but not 100% and if there safe to feed to my horsefield

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Not dandelion but likely related, a sow thistle perhaps. One that's getting a lot of water, it's so nice and green.

You can wait for the flowers to grow for us to confirm what it is but I'm certain it's safe to feed.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Hmm, that first one is interesting, or at least not quite familiar to me. Can you get a picture of a leaf or two, spread them flat on a counter or board so we can get a good look at the pattern. Looks kind of like a Chrysanthemum. Also, I'm afraid the photo of the flowers is a bit fuzzy, any chance you can get a cleaner shot?

The second one I don't know.

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
First one is "tansy ragwort" - get rid of it.
Second is some sort of "fireweed" or "willowherb"; harmless, and may be palatable.
Third could well be a dandelion; there is a great range in leaf shapes. I would wait and see.