Plastic plants

THEELEG

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
Anybody use plastic plants in they're enclosure, and if yes do yalls lil guys try to eat them?? Wanna jungle his place up a little

Glomerulus

Kansas
You might use the suction cup vines to break up the light in your enclosure and heavily plant the substrate with seeds of edible plants.

Our baby red foot loves to scavenge her tank looking for sprouts to munch on. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anybody use plastic plants in they're enclosure, and if yes do yalls lil guys try to eat them?? Wanna jungle his place up a little

I use these:

mbaXw5CU-Cvc07iFxwKGeWA.jpg

I used to use real plants and the baby box turtles just kept trying to bury themselves in the roots, uprooting the plants. So I went to the weighted plastic plants. I bury the weight in the substrate and when the turtles and tortoises uproot them, I just push them back down.

I've never had a turtle or tortoise that was able to bite off pieces of plastic.

THEELEG

Houston, TX
You might use the suction cup vines to break up the light in your enclosure and heavily plant the substrate with seeds of edible plants.

Our baby red foot loves to scavenge her tank looking for sprouts to munch on. :D
I tired planting they sprouted and that was it lol

THEELEG

Houston, TX
I use these:

mbaXw5CU-Cvc07iFxwKGeWA.jpg

I used to use real plants and the baby box turtles just kept trying to bury themselves in the roots, uprooting the plants. So I went to the weighted plastic plants. I bury the weight in the substrate and when the turtles and tortoises uproot them, I just push them back down.

I've never had a turtle or tortoise that was able to bite off pieces of plastic.
I like this idea thank you

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC

Never at all...I just added 6 more...she tramples them after set it up like trees..guess she prefers bush types...lol...family dollar has for a buck each or the bigger one for 3...

kelii

5 Year Member
Georgia
I use plastic plants now. I used to use live, but they tore them up.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Petmountain.com has some really cheap plastic and fabric plants in the reptile section! I usually get my jungle from that place.