Plants Within Habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortimer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CA, USA
Hi all :) Quick question, what plants (that I can buy as plants) be good to place in my tort's habitat? Thanks to Kadaan, we've decided to build a bookshelf tort table, with all necessary elements. I'd like to buy some plants as seeds, but most already in plant form. What exactly is safe to put in my Russian tort's future home? Thanks! :)

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Roses, blackberries, chia, fennel, Maslow, marrow, comfrey, artichokes, hibiscus, daisies, aloe, raspberries, grapes, figs, marsh mallow (not the candy!), field pansies, nettles, white clover, dandelions, garden+meadow sage, and Xmas cactus. Ps I LOVE animal crossing, too! Go Tortimer!

Tortimer

5 Year Member
CA, USA
Ahh! Animal Crossing fan, can't wait for the next Animal Crossing to come out!! Thanks for the list of plants, I'm thinking hisbicus, daisies, and aloe, maybe sprinkle in some roses. :)

Hesh1212

5 Year Member
Is it bad to have a "fake" plant in my torts cage? I was thinking of buying one just for decoration...thoughts?

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Great! I can't either! New leaf, here I come! If you want, pm me some time about animal crossing!

Oh, no its not bad... I have a hanging one and used to have a reg one, but I had to throw it away, because it broke :(

Tortimer

5 Year Member
CA, USA
Hesh1212 said:
Is it bad to have a "fake" plant in my torts cage? I was thinking of buying one just for decoration...thoughts?

I'm pretty sure it's okay to have fake plants. I just searched and it's okay to have a mix of the two -- the artificial plants serve as hiding places, as I've read :)

Haha, can't wait for New Leaf, I'll talk to you about it over the weekends :)) Need to work on studies :pPP

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Hesh1212 said:

Many forum members put fake plants in their enclosure for decoration purposes. I'm all about having things that can be useful; hides, objects to climb on, real plants they can munch on etc...

Tortimer

5 Year Member
CA, USA
No problem:) I'm thinking about maybe sticking in a fake plant here or there as well. I'm trying to duplicate one of the bookshelf --> tort table someone made.

Hesh1212

5 Year Member
You should take a pic when it's all done! I'm going to put plants in my cage too now lol Hesh (my tort) should like that :]

rideburton87

5 Year Member
NW burbs, Illinois
If your looking to buy some seeds to plant I saw some from carolinapetsupply.com and I bought some from sulcatafood.com. They litterly sprouted and grew to a edible size in like 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.