Pictures of Turtles and Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando Florida
I would mix the fruit and veggies with greens in a blender and feed only that until she starts eating it. They can wait it out until you give in and be fine, for weeks or a month. Be strong and offer the food you know she needs. Think of this like a child fed nothing but candy for months or years, they will not like the good food but NEED it to survive.

I use cypress mulch and bed a beast in my inside cages, outside they have dirt/sand mix with grass and a small area of hay. Do not be surpirsed if one day you look and you can't find the turtle...ornate woods LOVE to bury under dirt with nothing but a small hole to get air. Mine do that most of the winter when they are inside, they hide most of the day coming out to eat or soak in the water.

If your looking things up I am sure you have found this but the scientific name on these is Rhinoclemmys pulcherima manni sometimes using that opens alot more info places then some of the common names. Care is the same for a box turtle, with the exception of the water, they like a larger area to soak in, with the water over the top of their shells. I gave mine outside a shallow pan and a deeper one and they always share the deep one.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Rees2 said:
I like the pictures with the little sulcata right in front of the California desert tortoise right behind it.Congrats on the new turtle.whats there names(if they have names)?

I agree that was my favorite photo, too. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.