Picky Eater? Or serious problems to look for?

chickensushi

So I have a baby Hermann's that's maybe 6 months old for one month now. Fits very cozy in my palm. He's been fine up till last week where he seems to have lost his appetite unless I introduce something new to him.

For the first 3 weeks we fed him a combination of lettuce, wheat grass, dandelions, and Rep-cal Tortoise pellets, and he always had quite an appetite. Last week he stopped eating any of that and got me quite worried, so I tried romaine lettuce instead of iceburg, and to my surprise he ate quite a lot of it! 3 days ago he stopped eating that as well, so yesterday I went out and bought Mazuri to add to his food plate, and he ate a whopping 3 whole pellets of those. But today he took one bite of the Mazuri, sniffed the other foods I left for him...and then just crawled away! Is there something serious I should be worried about? Or is he just a picky eater and I should monitor his appetite for the next 2-3 days and see if he finally eats something? For his Mazuri and other pellets I always soak in water until it's soft since I don't want him to choke.

Some info about him and his living conditions: I have him in a vivarium until the table is finished. It's about 60x35cm. He's still crawling around playing, seems active. I use a MegaRay 100w light exactly 32cm above his fir bark substrate. Basking temp is about 32C, cooler areas hover around 26C, and his hide at night stays around 22C. Humidity is kept around 50-70. I give him soaks everyday for 10 min, and I change his water bowl everyday to make sure it's clean. I also use bottled water since I'm paranoid about heavy metals and chemicals in tap water. He sometimes eat his poo, poops everyday, but once a week sometimes his poo is quite wet if he eats too much wet greens.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

The only thing I see there is the basking temp is a little low. Should be closer to 36-37. They have to be able to get warm enough to digest their food.