petsmarts has the zoo med tortoise houses for 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, Ar
They are clearing them out. Usually 109. I know they are small but you can put two together and you end up with a nice looking 6 ft x 2 ft enclosure with lids.

I have a main indoor enclosure that I built myself but this will be a nice vacation home or timeout box for my Russians.

They are not selling them online only in stores. I have 4 pet smarts within an hour and two stores were sold out. 1 had 1 for 37 another has two for 76 a piece. I am going there tomorrow to see if it drops.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I just bought one a.few weeks ago at full price :/ maybe my manager will do a price difference refund for me ( i work there). What sucks is that not every store does it and if they do the amount they went down isnt always the same. Sometimes they will only go to half off sometimes 75% off

I may buy another one to attach to my current one.

Also the ones that are 76 eont likrly drop for another few weeks. And usually on a monday (at least at my store)

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
I have my eye on these trying to decide what to do :/ I would have to water proof it & place plexiglass over half of it to keep up the humidity for my baby leopard tortoise. Having trouble deciding what to do.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Putting two together is a good suggestion, but I don't think these are very good for tortoises. Too open for babies and too small for any species of adult. And the hide is seldom used by most tortoises, but takes up a lot of the floor space. I wouldn't use one if it were free.

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Little Rock, Ar
Seems like these are made for Russians Greeks and Herman's. Which I am just doing Russians. I will probably cut the door to the hide part and make it much bigger.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
LRTortoises said:
Seems like these are made for Russians Greeks and Herman's. Which I am just doing Russians. I will probably cut the door to the hide part and make it much bigger.

They do seem to be marketed for the smaller species, or babies of the larger ones, but, as I said, I don't think they are big enough for adults of any species, and they are too open and designed wrong for babies of any species.

Housing for tortoises has been a bit of a frustrating thing for me for years. For most reptiles you can just go to a store and buy whatever you need to house them. Even the large boas and pythons have "ready to go" cages designed for them. But its not so easy for tortoises. You have to custom build them, find someone who custom builds them, or adapt something else to suit them, like a kiddie pool or horse watering trough. It would be nice to be able to just go buy an enclosure, or have one shipped to your house, but as of now, I have not seen a suitable one.

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
It is frustrating to me too as the plastic tins , containers , and stock tanks are open and we have dogs & cats that would love to get Master Oogway which is what made this house attractive to me the protection .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
MasterOogway said:
It is frustrating to me too as the plastic tins , containers , and stock tanks are open and we have dogs & cats that would love to get Master Oogway which is what made this house attractive to me the protection .

We have a friend here on the forum who is working on this right now. I'm waiting for my prototype to arrive. I don't want to out him publicly yet, but its gonna be good. Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement sometime in the next few weeks.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I had to line mine with a heavy duty black trashbag and half the cage top is covered. The sleeping area slides out and I dont even use it i just have logs and burrows for mine, but once they go down to 37 at my work (they are still full price) I will definately get another. They arent perfect but with a little imagination you can make em work. Either way im starting an outdoor enclosure soon for my RF for the summer.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
What he was saying is that the clearance price doesnt apply to online purchases. These are actually no longer in-store items and will be online only, the "Reduced to Clear" prices will only apply to in store items, not all stores will be dropping the prices as soon as others, some not at all, some stores will discount them more then other stores, and what is in stock will be the last of them, in-store.

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Little Rock, Ar
I have Been watching this forum for a while and posting a little. One of the great things about ot is that no matter what you say there will always be an "expert" here who can do it better.

That being said I am headed to the other persmart in little rock to see if they have one at 37.

rosebice

5 Year Member
papayapa said:
Petsmart does sell them online and they have them in the stores in the Chicago suburbs but the price is $104.99 online and same price in the stores, I just called.

I just looked online here too same price as you saw. i am going to my PM tomorrow to see if they have them in store. i have a friend who works there and she can get me 15% off. I don't even have my tort yet. i think i might get him tomorrow. doing more research so i can take proper care of him.

JessiKY

5 Year Member
Tom said:
We have a friend here on the forum who is working on this right now. I'm waiting for my prototype to arrive. I don't want to out him publicly yet, but its gonna be good. Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement sometime in the next few weeks.

Good to hear this Tom, as I have six dogs and two cats, one of which always has his eye on my little Eugene. I have to have a habitat that is covered so I'm currently using an aquarium for my baby turt which I realize isn't ideal. It won't be his permanent digs.

Status
Not open for further replies.