Petco tortoises

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
Such a sad evening. Stopped at Petco to get crickets (not usually were I get them but it was an emergency). They had 4 Greeks and 2 red foots house together. The Reds looked so sad. If I thought for one second that I could find another spot in my house for two new enclosures, I would have brought them home immediately. And I tried to talk to the girl manager but she could have cared less, I got the nod and thanks-for-the-information-anything-else-I-can-help-you-with response. Poor little guys. The Greeks actually looked pretty good. They had bright eyes and were pretty active BTW.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Man that is very sad. You took the time to educate her & she didn't care...they need a new manager. Not sure if the knowledge or training will ever get changed. I've seen exotic pet stores house babies together in the past, red foots and leopards. I'm wondering if that's why my leopard died after a few days or due to the failure to thrive. I didn't know about putting different species together good cause such issues many years ago. I wounld't of bought that leopard that cost $300!!! My petco and petsmart only have Russian tortoises. I never see any other species, but they are always housed in a small aquarium!! Sad!