Permanent structure unnecessary for long outdoor time

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I rent, so investing in permanent landscaping is not attractive or possible for me. Instead I've been using portable pet fencing; works great!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498078833.116722.jpg

Mandarin
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498078854.599752.jpg

Mimosa
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498078886.619085.jpg

Coagi
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498078912.993665.jpg

Rafiki
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498078932.647654.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498078946.226815.jpg

I'll spruce it up this weekend. For now this allows me to come home from work and put the tortoises out for 1-2 hours each day. I love it! And I can move it around the yard.

xirxes

I like it! I used a flimsier per fencing for young sulcata.

I can recommend to wrap the bottom 10-12" with a solid looking durable material so that they don't pace the perimeter trying to see if grass is greener on other side!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
That looks great and the tortoises are adorable and healthy looking too!

Long as someone's loose dogs can't get at them....!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Seeing your in the same predicament I am in in the winter time. Although NY has been getting it worse then us here in Chicago, what do you do for winter housing in a rental?
We seem to have a lot of members that are renters. Most don't even have a yard to use. This outdoor enclosure is a great share for them, along with others, but inside housing/space is another problem renters seem to need help with as a lot is not able to build much inside if anything.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Seeing your in the same predicament I am in in the winter time. Although NY has been getting it worse then us here in Chicago, what do you do for winter housing in a rental?
We seem to have a lot of members that are renters. Most don't even have a yard to use. This outdoor enclosure is a great share for them, along with others, but inside housing/space is another problem renters seem to need help with as a lot is not able to build much inside if anything.
They are inside for the winter. Their enclosure occupies 1/4 of our living room.

@TammyJ
No stray dogs here!