Pending Tortoise Parent

Link

Location (City and/or State)
East-Central Oklahoma
Added the lamp and areas run between 85-89 with 80% humidity reading. Basking spot runs at 95-105.
An added my new baby Sulcata (Casper) on 5/11/2017. Pics as soon as I remember to bring the memory card in and download it. Casper really seems to like going outdoors. I take him out for around an hour after work and he turns into a 4 wheel drive micro machine. He always seems to head towards my wife's small fountain no matter where I put him to begin with. Makes sense that he would naturally want to go to water. I didn't realize torts had such good hearing though.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Added the lamp and areas run between 85-89 with 80% humidity reading. Basking spot runs at 95-105.
An added my new baby Sulcata (Casper) on 5/11/2017. Pics as soon as I remember to bring the memory card in and download it. Casper really seems to like going outdoors. I take him out for around an hour after work and he turns into a 4 wheel drive micro machine. He always seems to head towards my wife's small fountain no matter where I put him to begin with. Makes sense that he would naturally want to go to water. I didn't realize torts had such good hearing though.
funny you say that about their hearing. There has been quite a bit of discussion about whether or not they can hear, and many people think they can't. I personally think they can but sometimes Charlie ignores me when I call.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hello Dale! Welcome to you and Casper. He is a cutie!!!! I'm in central Texas (Austin area) and keep 2 pet RF's. Have had them from hatchlings they are 2 yrs old now. Enjoy this forum and your new pet! Great to have you.