Parkour Leopard Tortoises?

theonetortoise

I have a tub, it is 2ft tall, they can't see past it so why would they want to go out? On the sides of the enclosure, there is 2ft tall netting (hard plastic netting). The tortoise(s) I have 3 in total but 2 escaped. They climbed up a piece of log and climbed a 2ft netting and jump over and have no damage from a 5ft tall drop. What should I do? Because there is already netting and I don't want to take apart my turtle room to find them again.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Welcome to the forum. In what part of the world do you live?

You need to be sure there is nothing they can climb on to get to where they can reach the top edge of the enclosure. It is normal for tortoises to test the boundaries of an enclosure as they do need to roam quite a bit in their daily activity.

Could we see a picture of the enclosure? what size is the enclosure, and how big are the tortoises?

You titled the thread leopard tortoises, but your avatar seems to be of 3 redfoot?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's obviously not comfortable for them inside. How big is the enclosure? For three tortoises it would have to be pretty big. Then you need all the sight barriers (Plants, big rocks, pieces of drift wood, etc), feeder, waterer, and more than 3 hiding places. In my mind that all ads up to a pretty big container.

If a tortoise isn't having its needs taken care of in a certain spot, he's going to try to escape to find that good spot.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
(I don't understand your subject title - "Parkour leopard tortoises". Is "Parkour" the name of the breeder?)

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
(I don't understand your subject title - "Parkour leopard tortoises". Is "Parkour" the name of the breeder?)
Parkour is the newer craze where athletic people use "natural" surrounding to make obstacle course type runs - jumping benches, flipping off walls, handstands and flips off benches, etc, etc.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Parkour is the newer craze where athletic people use "natural" surrounding to make obstacle course type runs - jumping benches, flipping off walls, handstands and flips off benches, etc, etc.

Ah, thank you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are these three leopards? Cuz you have 3 Redfoots pictured in your avatar pic.
Give pics of your enclosure so we can help you better.

theonetortoise

The enclosure is 4ft long x 2ft wide and 1.5ft tall. The tortoises are 4inches. I will be upgrading them to a 10ft when they are bigger.

theonetortoise

They have a big water area that can fit them (cleaned out 2 times aday) Normal leopard tortoise greens that they love and mazuri tortoise ls diet. 2 Hides, moss 2 uvb lamps and 2 heat lamps. The tortoises can't see out of the enclosure (I am aware they should not be in a tank they are in a 4ft aquatic turtle tub).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
4x2 is still small for 3 of them. I had that space for one hatchling that is now in a 4x4