Pancake tortoise night temps

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Hello, I've been trying to research pancake tortoises on the formum and other places. There is a lot of information about hatchlings but not about adults. Ican't seem to find out what a good nighttime temperature is for adults. Other places have said provide nighttime heat and keep it above 84 adults others say they can do just fine dropping into the 50s at night. So what's the decisive answer? And what range of humidity would you suggest for adults? Thank you.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I tried to post this in the pancakes section but it said I didn't have permission to post there.? :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I'm waiting to see the answers to your questions cause there isn't a lot out there about pancakes . But there isn't a lot of pancakes out there either . Like I said in another post I can't find another female adult out there only pairs . And I would like a second female to compleat my trip !

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I'm waiting to see the answers to your questions cause there isn't a lot out there about pancakes . But there isn't a lot of pancakes out there either . Like I said in another post I can't find another female adult out there only pairs . And I would like a second female to compleat my trip !
My computer is down right now. Usually on the forum if I want to do an in-depth search I go to the website. Otherwise I use the app. But the app isn't great for searching. It has been a very frustrating search so far, like I said lots and lots of information on babies but not much at all on adults. And I trust the people on this site more than anywhere else so I'll just wait for somebody to answer.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
It seems that temperature and humidity levels are always debated no matter what species you're talking about. And so much emphasis is on the babies, which I understand, but less information is out there about adults. So I guess it's no surprise but those are my two areas of question.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
When I bring in the torts for the winter I have one room in the house that stays 86 degrees year around for the torts , thanks to my wife after I told her that the torts were going to her side of the bed

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
When I bring in the torts for the winter I have one room in the house that stays 86 degrees year around for the torts , thanks to my wife after I told her that the torts were going to her side of the bed
Well with all 4000 of your tortoises :) I'm sure she was ready to sacrifice one room to them.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
It probably feels that way. I have some errands to run. I hope somebody will answer this thread by then. Then will both have the information we want.
Isn't this nice we help people everyday and now we have question and nobody helps . It's like having a husband that works on cars , and now you have to go to a gas station for a oil change cause he don't have time to do your car . :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Isn't this nice we help people everyday and now we have question and nobody helps . It's like having a husband that works on cars , and now you have to go to a gas station for a oil change cause he don't have time to do your car . :)
So true. So true. I tried again to post this in the pancakes section and it says I don't have permission. Wow, that must be a very privilege section. Hope they're proud of themselves :) :) i'm sure I just ticked them all off oh well they probably don't have anything to do with who can and can't post in that section. . It is the weekend and a lot of people probably don't get on here on the weekends. And there just aren't a lot of people with first-hand experience with them. I'll give it a couple more days before I'm officially mad.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
So true. So true. I tried again to post this in the pancakes section and it says I don't have permission. Wow, that must be a very privilege section. Hope they're proud of themselves :) :) i'm sure I just ticked them all off oh well they probably don't have anything to do with who can and can't post in that section. . It is the weekend and a lot of people probably don't get on here on the weekends. And there just aren't a lot of people with first-hand experience with them. I'll give it a couple more days before I'm officially mad.
Don't get mad we have too much fun to let one thing get us mad . Just have fun and look at the comity in it !

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
See I read all I can ( just pop a top on 4-5 Dr peppers ) :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Well did you drink your Dr Pepperssss today at work ??
No. They were out. I guess we are not going to get an answer to this thread. Oh well. I'll just keep the CH E on at 80 overnight and call it good. But a real answer would've been nice. I guess all those pancake people are not looking up for them today.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
No. They were out. I guess we are not going to get an answer to this thread. Oh well. I'll just keep the CH E on at 80 overnight and call it good. But a real answer would've been nice. I guess all those pancake people are not looking up for them today.
Or there isn't many off us !

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
I will chime in!!
I keep my adult group in a closed chamber and I do have a CHE on a thermostat set at 80. There are areas of the 6x3 enclosure that drop to mid 70s but no lower. The humidity stays around 60 to 70% except in the basking area. Mine prefer to stay on the more humid side most of the time. I'm guessing they are pretty happy with the setup. I have a group of 1.4 and have gotten 13 eggs in the last year! So far 4 have already hatched.
Hope this helps! :D