P.Pardalis adult pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone had some decent pictures of adult p.pardalis. There really isn't many on the Internet that I know of. Any would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Scarce as hen's teeth. Not many people have adults. Over the years a few have been posted here. You'll just have to try to search for them. Most of the forum members that have them got them in 2010 as hatchlings. I have posted pics of the adult parents of mine, but I have no idea how to find them now.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I'm guessing the breeders of your babies are not members here?

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Here's my female:
000_2159.jpg

If you search South Africa and leopard tortoise, you should be able to find plenty.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Pictures are out there, but they are obviously not as common as the other type of leopard. In a few years, things will change.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Thanks for the info guys. That picture of your female is awesome, she is very beautiful. I have looked on flickr.com and there is several pictures if you search for south african leopard tortoise, or pardalis pardalis, but almost all of them are wild photos taken in Africa. Which is still very cool to see, but I would love to see some captive breed adults in the states. I guess I will have to wait a few more years for all the members tortoises to reach adult sizes. I really have fallen in love with the pardalis pardalis, at least for me they are the perfect species. I managed to get a few pictures of four of the breeders of the babies I have, but whether or not the pictures I have are the EXACT parents is unknown, since I've heard the breeder has a nice size herd.

Here is the link for flickr.com that has some wild p.pardalis
http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=pardalis+pardalis+tortoise&m=text

Here is the link for my account on flickr.com that you can see some of my personal collection of turtles, I haven't taken any of my tortoises yet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36278312@N02/

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
yagyujubei said:
Here's my female:
000_2159.jpg

If you search South Africa and leopard tortoise, you should be able to find plenty.

I always love when you post this pic!

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
yagyujubei said:
Here's my female:

Nice shell no pyramiding very sweet...

thecrawlingchaos

10 Year Member!
james1974 said:
yagyujubei said:
Here's my female:

Nice shell no pyramiding very sweet...

That's an awesome pic. My wife always asks me how big our GPP will get. Now I can just show her this.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
yagyujubei said:
Here's my female:
000_2159.jpg

when you search adult leopard tortoise in google images this picture shows up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.