outdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am wondering if I can keep my Russians and my 3 toed in the same enclosure over the summer.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
No, I wouldn't suggest it. Mixing different species together is not a good idea. There a risk of cross infections. A pathagin that doesn't bother one may make the other very sick

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Itort said:
No, I wouldn't suggest it. Mixing different species together is not a good idea. There a risk of cross infections. A pathagin that doesn't bother one may make the other very sick

Again I have to agree with Itort. Mixing species is not the best thing for them. Each species has its own special needs plus each species caries different bacteria and protozoa that could be harmful to the other. I personally would not take the risk.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Itort said:

Again I have to agree with Itort. Mixing species is not the best thing for them. Each species has its own special needs plus each species caries different bacteria and protozoa that could be harmful to the other. I personally would not take the risk.

great, thanks for the info. Will have to find a spot in my yard and build another outdoor area just for Matilda. Oh yay, more tort/turtle chores! :) :) i LOVE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.