Outdoor Enclosure Distances.....

Jamee

Location (City and/or State)
North Eastern Pennsylvania
Hi all again!! So I felt really bad a few days ago when I went to the pet store for crickets for my tarantulas. There in a very,very small aquarium, with no hide, dried up mazuri ( that was once wet) and carrots was this small Russian Tort. I bought him. My question is, how far away do I keep the new guy's, Maverick, by the way, outdoor enclosure from Dilly Pickles ( who is a baby sully) outdoor enclosure so there is no cross contamination???

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I never worried about distance as long as the floor isn't the same so pee, etc can run from one to the other and they can't touch each other thru the walls. I don't know if there is really a distance I think it's more touching each other's stuff, pee, poop, water they pee or pooped it, etc. don't share dishes or decorations between them and wash hands before touch the other.

Jamee

North Eastern Pennsylvania
Thank You!!! I can start Marverick's outdoor enclosure tomorrow!! Everything is separate even down to the towel I use to dry the bottom of their shells before putting them back in their indoor enclosures and their toothbrushes I use for shell care. Everything is marked with a D for Dilly or an M for Maverick. I am constantly washing my hands when caring for them and never take care of one and moving to another before washing my hands!