Out in the Bad lands of San Diego county

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm thinking he still needs to learn. She is so not impressed.
Wish my female leopard would just go about her business when no real matting going on. She is such a cowarder. LOL

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I looked close, he was dry humping, no extended penis and when they parted way I looked on the grass an no emission evidence found. She found a corner and tucked up tight in that corner with wind accumulated leaves. He paced the fence. The owner loves hid tortoises no doubt about that. I think he needs to switch things up and separate the male out from the female for awhile. No response to my suggestion was perceived by me.

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
Yes Will...I do listen to you....:).....
But posting my two pride and joys intimate moments ...Really!!!!
Btw....he's going on 27 years old...
She's a youngster at 13...

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes Will...I do listen to you....:).....
But posting my two pride and joys intimate moments ...Really!!!!
Btw....he's going on 27 years old...
She's a youngster at 13...
So much for protecting identity and location.

Another male, might help him sort out his testosterone. A non-PC way to put it, but he was very gentle, maybe too gentle. That other one in the enclosure more to the front was male/female?

Yeah, it was a crazy day for you and so many people buzzing around. I was still a bit hyped up when the one hour drive turned to two. Great event going on, I wish I had a better idea of it all. I hope whoever takes of the baton will do as well as you. I might have a different demeanor too with a less crazy drive. Most humbling when people showed up from Bakersfield, sorta makes it seem like you are a rockstar.:cool:

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
The tortoise in the other enclosure ..is a male...I switch them up from time to time....but he's just a bully...beats the tar out of her...their encounters need to be closely watched...especially on hot days!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe the two males need to have a bit of a monitored fighting match.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Put the two males together for a supervised sparing. Put the "looser" in with her for a few hours, then a little more combating so the "winner" can win again, and smell/perceive he needs to be stronger at his attempt. Then put him in with her.

The even more non-PC way to put it, he needs to have a rapist ideology when he is with her. Best not to project human sensibilities into it. He needs to know he's doing for the species. Think mallard duck. More in a PM.