Our new star tort's outdoor enclosure!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
When I die, I wanna come back as one of your star torts. :D

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES
I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard! That would be such a great life! The life of a tortoise, oh man...

That is a really nice enclosure! Your little guy is really pretty, those have such nice coloring.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very nice enclosure and very pretty Torts.

Thank you! He is our first ever star tort, looking to get him a girlfriend soon! He is 7 years old and 5.5" so she would need to be an adult as well.

And hopefully you will not die anytime soon but if you do, just put it in your will that you wish to be reincarnated as one of my torts! :p

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard! That would be such a great life! The life of a tortoise, oh man...

That is a really nice enclosure! Your little guy is really pretty, those have such nice coloring.

Not just the life of a tort, but the life of a star tort who has her own tiki bar. ;)

May, Aussies, & THBs

Is that tiki hut not to die for? LOL.... but really, it was the last one Petco had, I have never seen them so big it is normally for guineapig enclosures but Ajith (our star tort) will never know the difference!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Is that tiki hut not to die for? LOL.... but really, it was the last one Petco had, I have never seen them so big it is normally for guineapig enclosures but Ajith (our star tort) will never know the difference!
Is that what it is?! I have seen them, but you're right they're usually tiny. That's a nice big one. Must be really nice and airy; great on hot days.

May, Aussies, & THBs

Just some edible natural tiki hut they make in all sizes for mice up to rabbits. I have never seen one this large though, $26.99 at petco way better than just your normal wood house!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Just some edible natural tiki hut they make in all sizes for mice up to rabbits. I have never seen one this large though, $26.99 at petco way better than just your normal wood house!
Will the tortoise nibble on it? I was looking at a wooden box, but I find it doesn't stay cool in the sun. I'll have to look into tiki huts for my guys. Thanks for the info and idea!

May, Aussies, & THBs

I have not seen him even show interest in it period, he has not even ventured into it when I brought him to it. I do not see him wanting to nibble on it, as long as his food bowl next to it is full :)

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
I have not seen him even show interest in it period, he has not even ventured into it when I brought him to it. I do not see him wanting to nibble on it, as long as his food bowl next to it is full :)
Save it for me, when I become return as a tortoise! :D

May, Aussies, & THBs

carlos b

So simple but very nice. I might do this for my Russian. I'm scared something would run off with him so I'd have to have a top on it. How would you guys cut the grass in there? Just out of curiosity..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just a word of caution - some tortoises use plants and pots that are placed next to the walls as ladders and climb out of the enclosure.

Yes he is not much of a climber but the pots are more in the middle as he did not try to use them as a ladder but likes to walk the perimeter and would knock them over in the process. So far he digs all of it! The water dish and pave stone where he heats is now on the edge with an over hang to keep it cool.