Our awsome redfoots tortoise!!!

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
They are so cute!. I like how you made safety walls for that hide you have. smart thinking!
They look very happy.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Such beautiful smooth growth. Good job taking care of them :D They look so happy.. but those poor plants sure don't :p

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Such beautiful smooth growth. Good job taking care of them :D They look so happy.. but those poor plants sure don't :p

Jeje!
I know the plants are a little sad. Just starting to get some ideas for the new upgrade Im starting next month. I'm planning to have some plants buffet type.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Jeje!
I know the plants are a little sad. Just starting to get some ideas for the new upgrade Im starting next month. I'm planning to have some plants buffet type.

No no.. you have beautiful plants, too. But a lot of your pictures are of your torts on top of them :p

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
No no.. you have beautiful plants, too. But a lot of your pictures are of your torts on top of them :p

Ohhhhh!!!! The aloe vera plants had to be removed cause they just want it the dirt not the plants.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Ohhhhh!!!! The aloe vera plants had to be removed cause they just want it the dirt not the plants.

Yeah, I know what you mean. As much as I love mulch, I also have to have diggable substrate in my enclosure since my guys love to bury themselves :D

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Im planning in the new upgrade have a organic topsoil area for them to dig.

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Yeah!! I have two plants of it!
One huge outside where I give them the leafs and Flowers and a small one inside of the enclosure.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I love seeing pictures of your tortoises, they look very well cared for!

My redfoot ate all of the plants in her enclosure...she used to climb all over the pots and break all of the leaves off of the plants just for fun. I'm still looking for plant replacements....

How are all three of them doing in the same enclosure?

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
I have like three or four clay pots of the same plant so that if they eat/destroy the plant I can replace them with a fresh one.

Well, the three torts were in their individual area. Dobby (the big one)and Hedwig (the hatchling) were seperated for like a year. Fang ( the middle one) was alone for like 6 months.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409070444.682996.jpg

But on the weekends when I take them outside for some sunny playtime, thats when I started to put them together under extreme precautions. So they can look one another and also smell one another. Until one day that I decided to clean the wooden enclosure and made the changes to see how they interact with each other until today.
I even put three seperates hides for each and one of them but all three wanted the big hide. So I took the big hide and the small one a made a tunnel out of it so that can walk right through without having problems getting out to walk or eat also giving them space for them in the hide.
But next month Im starting a new indoor enclosure. This one is 24x12x60 Im upgrading to 24x12x 160. So they can have even more space.