Other NON tortoise images of things I find in my backyard

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
We have a pond full of newts, they were here when we moved into this house, we find babies all over the garden. Anyway there is one newt that we see from time to time in the pond that seems to be an abnormal color. Here it is. Anyone have any ideas on to why we have a yellow newt. It looks pregnant too.
View attachment 208600
Ecologist daughter is fascinated. She's muttering smooth newt but can't explain the colouration. Springwatch's twitter/facebook might be able to help... or your local wildlife trust

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We have a pond full of newts, they were here when we moved into this house, we find babies all over the garden. Anyway there is one newt that we see from time to time in the pond that seems to be an abnormal color. Here it is. Anyone have any ideas on to why we have a yellow newt. It looks pregnant too.
View attachment 208600
Ecologist daughter is fascinated. She's muttering smooth newt but can't explain the colouration. Springwatch's twitter/facebook might be able to help... or your local wildlife trust
@Anyfoot I found this - it's a leucistic variant of one of the newt species
http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/forum/yellow-newt_topic989.html

Logan Fookes

Michigan
It's hard to tell in these pictures but we had a family of around 15 turkeys wander through our yard. We don't have lizards or snakes, but man do we have turkeys

Attachments

• 1501728407405.jpg
    1501728407405.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1501728431331.jpg
    1501728431331.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8