Opinions on mazuri tortoise diet LS for radiateds?

kelogz08

5 Year Member
Hi guys, i have been exploring with my tort's food and i came across this mazuri tortoise diet LS at petco. I bought it and gave it a try. My yearling radiated loves it and eats it as is. No need to soak it in water.

I will appreciate any opinion regarding the mazuri tortoise diet LS for a radiated tortoise. Thanks

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi guys, i have been exploring with my tort's food and i came across this mazuri tortoise diet LS at petco. I bought it and gave it a try. My yearling radiated loves it and eats it as is. No need to soak it in water.

I will appreciate any opinion regarding the mazuri tortoise diet LS for a radiated tortoise. Thanks

I tried that on a number of Western Hermann's as well as my Radiateds, and none of mine liked it whether dry or soaked. I suppose if I offered them nothing but that for a while, they might have started eating it, but I didn't bother to do that. I just kept doing my normal feedings of mixed greens, etc. Besides, feeding a large number of adult Radiateds such as my group with that LS diet would be prohibitively expensive,

Veerle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belgium (Antwerp)
My 4 radiated adore it, we always give it soaked but they also eat their greens.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
I feed both the regular and LS. Currently I have the regular since it is less expensive. I feed it three times a week among a variety of greens and a lot of cactus.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
All 3 of my little Torts (Sulcata, Hermanns, & Leopard) love it. I only include it about twice a week and then it's parts of a mixture of ground up Timothy Hay & Orchard Grass, Rep-Cal Maintenance Formula Tortoise Food, & Zoo Med Natural Grassland Tortoise Food.
I know TMI. ;)

kelogz08

5 Year Member
Oh thanks guys. Just wanted to know if the ingredients will be nutritious enough for my radiated. I often mix the mazuri with greens and cactus but my tort picks up the mazuri and leaves everything behind. Then i tried to put just the mazuri in his plate and he finishes it

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
If you mince up the other stuff real good he can't pick it out

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
I tried LS but the tortoises weren't
"buying" it so they get the original formula.

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
All of my radiated tortoises will eat some of the LS. 2 or 3 of them love it and would eat as much as you put in front of them. Others will eat it if there isn't much else around. A couple of them really try to avoid it, but will eat it occasionally. I can tell you that in my experience, the droppings of the animals that like it are significantly more solid than the animals that don't.

8james8

5 Year Member
Alabama
I give my radiata the regular version and Marion zoological diet.

My torts devour it as well as their greens and such.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
All mine hated Mazuri LS. They love the original though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-14-17-15-35.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-14-17-15-35.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 29

kelogz08

5 Year Member
Thank you for your opinions. I was just worried that my tort might not be getting enough nutrition from the pellets

gaveau yohann

Guadeloupe
I am not THE expert but of you give them sometimes the pellets and sometimes greens. They shall be alright

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
He just doesn't know any better...lol. just kidding. You know those ramped water bowls are dangerous for tortoises, right? They're tipping hazards (death traps). These Clay planter saucers are popular here. You can find them cheap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-23-23-41-08.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-23-23-41-08.png
    229 KB · Views: 21

kelogz08

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1497748781.208426.jpg

Here is my guy tip toeing to get his mazuri pellets from the feeder