OMG, OMG!!!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. The NCIS premier episode is tonight, but besides that, my yellowfoot eggs are hatching!!!!!!

incubator 9-22-15 a.jpg incubator 9-22-15 b.jpg

So you hear that @Will ??? Yellowfoot babies!!!!!! Yippee! Oh gosh, someone hold me down.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Congrats! Now you know we are all going to want lots of baby pictures!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I'm not sure but I think yvonnes yellow foot eggs are hatching oh yes I also heard the new season of n_c_i_s is on. spoiler alert someone gets slapped

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
And leopards too! Congrats! Do you just keep all your eggs together? Kim of cool, just looking in and seeing all different types hatching.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Congratulations. Is this a first time with these?

No, I hatched out 3 about 5 years ago - that was my first time, and it was just a stroke of luck. They were in the incubator for over 5 months and they were black and stinkin. But I persevered and they eventually hatched. This was before I knew about the hot and humid method, and I really knew nothing about South American tortoises, so those three look like stunted pineapples.

Last edited:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I'm so excited I can hardly contain mtemf. The NCIS premier episode is tonight, but besides that, my yellowfoot eggs are hatching!!!!!!

View attachment 149622 View attachment 149623

So you hear that @Will ??? Yellowfoot babies!!!!!! Yippee! Oh gosh, someone hold me down.
Very cool Yvonne ...I have to have to have to point out the use of your old school thermometer..absolutely love it..there are still some of us that find them useful...

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Haha I knew that happened in the snake world, but I didn't realize it sold things with tortoises too!
That's what "cherry head" red foots are. It's not a species or even individuals from one geographic region. @Madkins007 tortoise library has a some great details about redfoots (among other species) and it includes the source or 'cherry head' as a name for some redfoots. It's a description of color along, but makes them sound cool, and they look, well, like they have cherry heads.

https://www.facebook.com/KapidoloFarms