OK I'm Out !

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
They're so funny when they first break out of the egg. I love how their carapace is all misshapen and they look like they've just run a marathon! It's tough getting out of that egg!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
JD, I should have said odd looking HET...not hypo. Have you found that those sort of faded neonates deepen in color as they age?
I have one female that when bred to a certain male produces pale colored neonates. But after a few months the color becomes more and more intense.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I'm not sure Carl, as I have not really kept anything past 6 months. With the hypos I have seen some year or two later that still have great coloring and or nill...should I say . This was the first year I truly tried to produce some Hets. There is a definite variance between the two mothers....interesting note ...all of them show the high Dome Carapace like the Father ... ( an unusual trait in the RF world)

Mavrik

Absolutely beautiful torts! Maybe, one day, I will be able to afford one of your babies... Sigh. I can dream, right?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That next to last one is really pretty color wise. Of course I enjoy the first picture I think it was, which showed that sweet little egg tooth. lol