Not so shy Russian

Anthony32

I have had Tedo for little under 3 weeks and he is not shy every time I spot clean he chases after me and when I sit and look into his turtle box he come over and trys to climb up to me.....I love him and i am so glad that we got him :<3::tort: ......is this normal or do I have a RT with a outgoing personality????:D

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Rt's are pretty spunky! Mine does the same. When I sit w her outside and feed her she will climb up my lap if I'm not quick enough with her food :) love the russian attitude!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I also have nick named her the destroyer because if I change things in her enclosure she will storm arround nocking things over & chew all her plants up.... and she doesnt even eat them, just kills them.....attitude!

Anthony32

I also have nick named her the destroyer because if I change things in her enclosure she will storm arround nocking things over & chew all her plants up.... and she doesnt even eat them, just kills them.....attitude!
Ahhh the old bull in a China shop!!!!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I tried to plant edible grasses in my russians table, and he didn't eat them, he CRUSHED THEM TO DEATH. Quite literally, sat in each plant (no where else for a weeks) until they died. I learned my lesson, and no more plants have tried to inhabit his home :(

Camryn

Tampa, FL
I tried to plant edible grasses in my russians table, and he didn't eat them, he CRUSHED THEM TO DEATH. Quite literally, sat in each plant (no where else for a weeks) until they died. I learned my lesson, and no more plants have tried to inhabit his home :(

Im sorry. But Im finding this hilarious LOL!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Mines the same. From what I hear its quite common of Russians. They certainly know how to make every day eventful!

Beaula21

My RT Loki does the same! He always responds to me and tries to nip at my fingers if I hand feed him, but he lets me pet him too without hiding in his shell! I first thought he didn't like me and was getting territorial when I was invading his space as he chased my hands around; glad I'm not the only one!

jetturtle

I have had my russians for several years. They are very outgoing too. I have one in particular that I almost hide from because she will come towards me as soon as she hears the arcadia door opening. I have found myself actually 'sneaking' to take the trash outside. Otherwise I feel guilty and have to wait a couple of minutes while she walks across the yard and patio to catch me. Trust me she gets a lot of sit down/lap time too. Love these tortoises.

Anthony32

I have had my russians for several years. They are very outgoing too. I have one in particular that I almost hide from because she will come towards me as soon as she hears the arcadia door opening. I have found myself actually 'sneaking' to take the trash outside. Otherwise I feel guilty and have to wait a couple of minutes while she walks across the yard and patio to catch me. Trust me she gets a lot of sit down/lap time too. Love these tortoises.

Hahaha I find my self doing the same thing trying to sneak a peak :tort::<3: