Not Really A Pet, But I.D. Please?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I would not have guessed that about you. I didn't ever think you were a cold blooded killer, or anything like that, but I thought you'd have the mental toughness to end the suffering of an injured animal. Hmm. I was wrong. Live and learn.

When euthanasia is required I call up my son-in-law and tell him to bring the shovel. But he works in the Bay Area during the week.

I didn't put human emotions onto the animal. I just figured it was life, or death as the case may be, and figured he had gone away inside his head and wasn't suffering.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Throw it in a boiling pot of water and make some stew.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When euthanasia is required I call up my son-in-law and tell him to bring the shovel. But he works in the Bay Area during the week.

I didn't put human emotions onto the animal. I just figured it was life, or death as the case may be, and figured he had gone away inside his head and wasn't suffering.

I would help you with that if I were closer.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Thems good eatin

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

I can't do it myself either. I make my husband do it. I can't live with them suffering.

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I don't like to see them suffer either, but I can't kill them. I tossed it over the fence.
This made me laugh.

A few years ago we had an injured crow flapping around the back yard making a racket and it was driving my dogs nuts. My girlfriend laughed at me because I followed it around the yard with a sledge hammer for an hour trying to work up the fortitude to end it's life.

Then eventually I grabbed it and chucked it over the fence, went back in the house, cleaned up, sat there for fifteen minutes, and then finally worked up the nerve to go out there and do the deed.

M

Maggie Cummings

I would not have guessed that about you. I didn't ever think you were a cold blooded killer, or anything like that, but I thought you'd have the mental toughness to end the suffering of an injured animal. Hmm. I was wrong. Live and learn.

You got the sister's confused. My inside cat catches voles that come up the heater tubes or whatever they're called. I get a couple of voles a month in the house. Cast iron skillet works when ya can't find the hammer.:mad: And I have rats like you wouldn't believe because of the grass seed field behind my house. So now that we can't use DeCon, I trap them with peanut butter in a safe trap. Then smack'em hard. And over into the field.
The Comcast guy had to go under my house and he says "lady I stopped counting at 30 but you have a lot of dead rats under your house." That was when we could use DeCon.....my favorite stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredkas

5 Year Member
This made me laugh.

A few years ago we had an injured crow flapping around the back yard making a racket and it was driving my dogs nuts. My girlfriend laughed at me because I followed it around the yard with a sledge hammer for an hour trying to work up the fortitude to end it's life.

Then eventually I grabbed it and chucked it over the fence, went back in the house, cleaned up, sat there for fifteen minutes, and then finally worked up the nerve to go out there and do the deed.
You make me laugh so hard lol

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Yep a gopher !

giphy.gif

I'm all right , no need to worry bout me !