Nightcrawlers?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I feed them to my water turtles and my box turtles all of the time. Do you have any specific concerns?

Luis Taveras0

I feed them to my water turtles and my box turtles all of the time. Do you have any specific concerns?
my concern is that if it can still eat the night crawler as a hatchling my mother says that it's too big for her apparently

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
They will buy it into smaller pieces so that's not a concern it will be gruesome but effective

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
You can cut it up a little and he will still eat it. My 3 will eat medium sized worms right now. The smallest one is the size of a nickel and will go after large worms and eat until it's full. Yesterday I put in a Dubai about half his size in the enclosure and he destroyed it. Pretty funny site to see him give chase.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476734259.356879.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Can someone show me a picture of a night-crawler please? We don't have them here in the UK... or if we do then they're called something different.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can someone show me a picture of a night-crawler please? We don't have them here in the UK... or if we do then they're called something different.

It's a huge, fat worm living in more temperate climates that comes out of the ground at night and crawls across the top of the ground.

My sister cuts them up for the baby turtles.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
What is the best stuff to feed them if one's interest is loading them with good nutrition for boxies? I am about to receive a batch of European nightcrawlers. I have prepped some moist peat moss with some calcium powder. I read that they thrive on cornmeal. I can get organic cornmeal but prefer to load them up with frozen-thawed wild greens etc. Will this work well if i also add cornmeal?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Think they are what we call lobworms. Big fat juicy worms, ideal for catching chub on the river Trent at Newark in peg 57. Ok went overboard with the info. Lol. :D
Think they are lobworms.