Newbie with questions

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
it's often a temperature and humidity problem.

~ We usually see this when the aldabra is kept inside a fish tank and the keeper tries to compensate for improper temperatures, etc. Unsure exactly what causes this, however if we notice any signs of fungus we simply treat it with the cream and it has always resolved the issue.

Soefianto

Surabaya, East Java - INDONESIA
Okay, cuman mau tahu aja kok bagus aldabranya. Beli berapa dulu? Waktu bayi yah?

Sorry guys just asking how much the aldabra's cost as we are in the same island in Indonesia.

arisda17

Dpt 32- 40 jt om...ukuran 15cm

Attachments

• 1464839698571.jpg
    1464839698571.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 39

arisda17

Please help?..one of My aldabra bout 7 days ago started making this clicking sounds, and then the next day there were bubble on her nose. And i check, one of the nostril will appear smaller than the other now.This is due mucus hardening around the nostril. and the next day two of the nostril appear smaller.She eats, pees and walks around fine. Is this RNS?what should i treatment to be normal?need antibiotic?trimz

Attachments

• 1465747591617.jpg
    1465747591617.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 32

Soefianto

Please help?..one of My aldabra bout 7 days ago started making this clicking sounds, and then the next day there were bubble on her nose. And i check, one of the nostril will appear smaller than the other now.This is due mucus hardening around the nostril. and the next day two of the nostril appear smaller.She eats, pees and walks around fine. Is this RNS?what should i treatment to be normal?need antibiotic?trimz
Because you live in Bandung, temperature is much lower compare to Surabaya. i would suggest that you have to keep your turtle in the sun for morning time and in the cage please give some heat lighting UVA and/or UVB, has to be "dry" (not wet) in the cage. Bandung is famous for the higher moisture content at night. Hopefully, your tortoise get well soon.

Also don't give the watery food for a while such as tomatoes, water melon, try grass feed.

I think you have ask other people here with the similar living condition as our country then we could compare. Ask Mr. Greg, the ALDABRAMAN.

arisda17

Mr soefianto..trims for your advice...yess u right about temperature in bandung too extreme..in the cage, i try up temp to be warm..they get well now .. thank. Btw can i know your Facebook sir?

Soefianto

Mr soefianto..trims for your advice...yess u right about temperature in bandung too extreme..in the cage, i try up temp to be warm..they get well now .. thank. Btw can i know your Facebook sir?
Hi Arisda, good that it helps. Because in the past I have also experienced the same thing. I put my Maxi and Aldo out every morning from 7-11am in the sun. When the tortoise feel hot they just hide in the shrubs.

Fresh and clean water has to be available easily accessed by them.

I am not really active in the facebook, I don't really like personal exposure that much. It just there because my son playing game and it was one of the way finding points or something about the game.

Always bath your turtle everyday if you could, I do it before 3pm. They enjoyed it. Then brush them when you bath them, they really happy when they are cleaned properly.

Have fun, they are perfect pets...

arisda17

My alda now..trims for your advice

Attachments

• 1478903899598.jpg
    1478903899598.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 1478903925823.jpg
    1478903925823.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 1478903991568.jpg
    1478903991568.jpg