New Tortoise Supply T-Shirts!

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
We have a new batch of shirts ready to ship out! We have them in three colors: green, orange and black, with the "Tortoise & Hare" logo on the rear, and the classic "Splatter" on front. They are cheap, shipping is cheap, and let's be honest, very few people have a shirt this cool in their wardrobe. Click here to order!

photo_35__91771.1396491476.1280.1280.JPG

Tortoise_VS_Hare_Final__60893.1393451848.1280.1280.jpg

TS_Splatter_Final__61865.1393451857.1280.1280.jpg

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Sorry, we went up to XXL, I think, but even they were quite a bit more expensive (almost double) the normal, smaller sizes, so I wasn't really going to pursue anything bigger than that. I think you'd look just fine in a XXL ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm a very peaceful person. I don't like wearing such an antagonistic picture. Got anything a little milder?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Just these :)
30cp2lv.jpg

I'm a peaceful person too, but too many people make shirts that are un-interesting or just feature a company name. Nobody wants to wear a company logo besides the owner of the company. On the other hand, who doesn't want to wear a tortoise whooping some rabbit booty? It doesn't mean I'm not a peaceful person :)

We might have a few more of the old shirts here in small size buried in a box somewhere, but I'm not sure they were any "milder."
ShirtBack__51771.1310143927.1280.1280.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I so just ordered 1, now the wait starts.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I have the green one and the "how I roll" one, both in a size small...totally should have had a medium at least!!! I love the shirts and still wear them...but I would feel more comfortable in a size bigger :shy:...

I think your wifey needs to design a shirt. It can still be tortoise friendly but maybe more fitting for the feminine tort fans? lol

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Tyler,

You should consider some shirts with just a nice picture of a tortoise. Maybe a few different types of tortoises on different shirts.
I wear t shirts but those seem to be more for a guy, if you know what I mean. :p
They would sell and promote your business.
:)

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
The problem with multiple shirts and styles is that every one of them has setup fees, and every one of them you have to buy at least a few of all the sizes to dilute the costs of the setup.... To make 5 or 10 of one shirt is very expensive. The shirts in the OP of this thread are already at almost no markup over my costs to make them, and I spend $3 shipping them. I'm okay with breaking even, but I don't want to pack another box away in the garage because they don't sell.

We did girls shirts probably back in 2003-2004 (probably was prior to my wife coming along) when I was breeding chameleons and they never sold, even below my cost to make them, I couldn't get rid of them! To this day, I have a pile of cap-sleeve "Bluebeast Reptile" shirts that I eventually gave up trying to sell and packed away in the garage to be discovered again 5 years from now. We did cap sleeves as well as tank top (string over the shoulder) girls shirts.

Just found an old image:
Shirts.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I hear what Kathy is saying. I'm a fan of the men's style shirt (not the women's cut) but the butch looking hands on the tortoise make it "humorous" for me to wear ;)

I cut the neck and sleeves off my men's style shirts to make it a more feminine fit...they look cute and I get a lot of compliments on them...but a less butch tortoise (the tort with the hare and the rollin on wheels tort) would make your shirts more appealing to some of us.

Honestly, you ask 100 of us and you'll get 100 opinions on what to do. I still choose to wear your shirts because I support your products and recommend many of them. Even if I'm not 100% pleased with the tee design ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lol, Neal! I can see it now!!!

I have the other shirt, Tyler, and I wear it a lot...just because I wear a lot of T-shirts.

Do you have the Tortoise Forum T-shirts? I've been waiting for Josh to tell us how to order them. I'll go look at your site.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
No, I don't have the TFO shirts, I was just joking, showing it as something that was more mellow :)

Neal, I had already special ordered you some pink ones, but they came a little more fushcia than pink, so I sent them back. You wanted small size across the board, right?

Next round, I will make more variations and different things. This last batch was something like 120 shirts, so I need to thin out my pile before starting something new.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I just ordered my shirt. I it's easier, you can ship it with the three different kinds of sends I just ordered. It may be easier than sending two separate orders. I only it was cheaper shipping for that! Thanks, Tyler. I hope that I can decide to just order from you from now on.

———-------------------------Here's some great plant identification websites I use.

http://www.tlady.clara.net/TortGuide/diet.htm#plantlist

http://africantortoise.com/edible_landscaping.htm

http://m.thetortoisetable.org.uk/m/plants_19.asp

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I just ordered my shirt. I it's easier, you can ship it with the three different kinds of sends I just ordered. It may be easier than sending two separate orders. I only it was cheaper shipping for that! Thanks, Tyler. I hope that I can decide to just order from you from now on.

Sorry, I just saw this! Your seeds shipped out last week, Thursday or Friday (I don't remember, but they are on the way). The shirt goes out in the morning (Monday). Thanks for the orders!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Got my shirt today ( monday) now we have to talk about my modeling fee, You can't expect this gorgues hunk of man meat ( stop laughing) to model and advertise your business for free now do you? I accept payment in tortoises. :)