New Tortoise Owner Intro

Jordan M.

Location (City and/or State)
FL
Hello, everyone!

I'm so incredibly excited to be apart of this amazing community and learn more about the species of tortoise my little guy is as well as other species that I'm hoping to be involved with in the future (which include more redfoots, elongated tortoises, leopard tortoises, and more as I learn about the different species)!

For starters, I've had my redfoot tortoise, Little Foot, for about a month now and did most of my research before getting him on this forum (thank you all so much for such awesome info!). He's about 6 months old and eats a variety of foods like kale, collard greens, fruits, and spineless prickly cactus. I use a mercury vapor bulb for his heat and UV lighting and also give him time outside to eat grasses and get some natural sunlight. The last two pictures are his weights when I first got him and yesterday, and I'm super happy with his gains so far!

If anyone has any advice on keeping Little Foot happy and healthy, please let me know! I strive to provide the best for him. :)

IMG_7694.JPG IMG_7359.JPG IMG_7343.JPG IMG_7689.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome!

Gosh that's a pretty tortoise.

As to suggestions - keep his overall temperature at around 80F, and his environment moist but not wet.

Jordan M.

FL
Welcome!

Gosh that's a pretty tortoise.

As to suggestions - keep his overall temperature at around 80F, and his environment moist but not wet.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. :)