New tortoise hasn't pooped yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

torilovestorts

5 Year Member
My male russian tortoise I got this week hasn't pooped yet at all & he sleeps most of the day.. Should I be worried? & does his shell look okay?ImageUploadedByTortForum1374361293.341271.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Have you soaked him yet? Give him a nice warm soak for 20-30 minutes. Be sure his temps are correct. He needs a basking area of 95 to warm up and digest his food properly. The rest of his enclosure can be around 75-80 and then around 70 or so at night. Also, give him some time to adjust to his new place.

morloch

5 Year Member
Sometimes they poop in their den and you don't see it unless you dig for it

torilovestorts

5 Year Member
I soak him everyday in warm water for 5-10 minutes & I haven't really looked at his temperatures.. I will definitely check that. Does his shell look okay?

TJ1999

5 Year Member
This same thing is happening to my baby red footed tortoise that I got 3 days ago... And I don't really know why this is happening either. Weird...

morloch

5 Year Member
Maybe it's just me , but I found the first poop to be urates,, which can be a little harder to see,

morloch

5 Year Member
Lol[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

torilovestorts

5 Year Member
I checked his entire enclosure & there is absolutely no poop. I'm gonna soak him now & see if it helps..

His 50/50 mix of sand & eco earth was dry though.. Should I keep that wet?

morloch

5 Year Member
Get rid of the sand! That can impact them, just use the other, soak in warm water and try some pumpkin warmed up a little.(pumpkin for eating). I find it helps them poop... And usually love pumpkin!

Keep the Eco earth slightly wet but not much, my guy was in a turtle table, so I had to mist alot. But it worked!

torilovestorts

5 Year Member
I'm feeding him aloe now. I hope it works. He's pooped. But only once that I've seen. He's ALOT more active. Constantly roaming his enclosure. To the point I have to turn my bookshelf into an enclosure so he has more room to roam. But I love him. He has such an amazing personality.! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.