New Tort

Scubaroo

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
So, the scale may be 10-15 grams light.

Albus weighs 406 grams today. Makes me feel a little better but still scary when I've only seen the numbers go up, to have them go down such a large amount.

And as I weighed him just now he sneezed, so of course that sets my mind racing towards horrible possibilities. I'm just going to keep on how I have been and if he declined again get him to a vet.

Mr. turtle

He's back to almost 1 pound! He has been roaming around more and sleeping in different areas at night now. He even slept in one of his shelters for the first time last night. View attachment 218604
Hello! I was wondering, do you recommend an aldabra tortoise. I live in very south Kentucky, almost Tennessee, and was wondering, because i have a small reptile buisnes, to whee is sell red foot babies, and bearded dragons locally. I have always wanted one. Are they active, and hardy. Unlike the red foots. Lol they are NOT active. But pretty hardy. I want one so bad though.

N

no one

I find your baby Aldabra Tortoise very beautiful!! Funny how your cat does the same as mine while bathing. And I also love to watch my Tortises eat. The way they move, slowly. It gives me peace. And there little legs!! I love them, how they walk!!

Scubaroo

Florida
Hello! I was wondering, do you recommend an aldabra tortoise. I live in very south Kentucky, almost Tennessee, and was wondering, because i have a small reptile buisnes, to whee is sell red foot babies, and bearded dragons locally. I have always wanted one. Are they active, and hardy. Unlike the red foots. Lol they are NOT active. But pretty hardy. I want one so bad though.

I am certainly not as knowledgeable on them as many others on here, but my little guy is very active and hardy. I've been told by many that Aldabras are a hardy species, but i am not sure how they will do in the winters up there. I am in Florida so don't have to worry much about the cold. I am not sure how one would handle a 500 lb tortoise for several months during the winter, but i'm sure many zoos do it. I recommend them though, it has been so much fun already, and i can't wait to keep watching him grow and grow as he ages!

Scubaroo

Florida
I find your baby Aldabra Tortoise very beautiful!! Funny how your cat does the same as mine while bathing. And I also love to watch my Tortises eat. The way they move, slowly. It gives me peace. And there little legs!! I love them, how they walk!!

Yes, especially his rear feet as he walks away from me. something about how cute it is, i can watch that all day long.

Angie312

Covina, CA
View attachment 211189
So Today we Drove down To Florida Iguana & Tortoise breeders to pick up out baby Aldabra from Sam.
Sam was awesome and showed us around his farm, let us feed some of his giant Galapagos, and then gave us as much time as we wanted to pick out our little fella.
I tell you, it wasn't an easy choice either. there were about 20 of them all running around all cute as can be. I was in heaven. but we finally decided on this one as it seemed to be the most friendly with us. he was not skittish at all. View attachment 211190

It is unsexed, but i feel it will be a male so we decided on the name Albus Dumbletort. In that one day he will be old and wise just like Albus Dumbledore the great wizard from harry Potter. ( in case anyone didn't get the reference. )

**I know that this enclosure isn't the largest or most ideal, but we are moving from and apartment to a house in a month, so I believe he will get by just fine until then.

View attachment 211191
Here is me Feeding one of Sam's Giant Galapagos Tortoises. This big boy is 80years old, and over 600lbs.!
It was magical![/QUO
View attachment 211189
So Today we Drove down To Florida Iguana & Tortoise breeders to pick up out baby Aldabra from Sam.
Sam was awesome and showed us around his farm, let us feed some of his giant Galapagos, and then gave us as much time as we wanted to pick out our little fella.
I tell you, it wasn't an easy choice either. there were about 20 of them all running around all cute as can be. I was in heaven. but we finally decided on this one as it seemed to be the most friendly with us. he was not skittish at all. View attachment 211190

It is unsexed, but i feel it will be a male so we decided on the name Albus Dumbletort. In that one day he will be old and wise just like Albus Dumbledore the great wizard from harry Potter. ( in case anyone didn't get the reference. )

**I know that this enclosure isn't the largest or most ideal, but we are moving from and apartment to a house in a month, so I believe he will get by just fine until then.

View attachment 211191
Here is me Feeding one of Sam's Giant Galapagos Tortoises. This big boy is 80years old, and over 600lbs.!
It was magical!
Huge Harry Potter fan and huge tortoise fan haha so love the name! Awesome

Angie312

Covina, CA
Me too! I love their back feet. Look like little elephant feet.

Kittivan

Chicago
Super exciting isn't it?! I just love weigh ins, especially when there is healthy gains! Your Aldabra is awesome!

Scubaroo

Florida
I plan on getting one from him too. I'll fore drive down there to get mine if he lets you walk around his farm!!

yes he gave me the whole grand tour, let me feed some of his Galapagos, it was awesome. There was also around 25-30 babies to choose from also, and he let me hang out with them all for as long as i'd like to choose the one for me!

JustinGrattan

Virginia
yes he gave me the whole grand tour, let me feed some of his Galapagos, it was awesome. There was also around 25-30 babies to choose from also, and he let me hang out with them all for as long as i'd like to choose the one for me!
That's perfect!! I can't wait!