New tort mom!!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Ok I was thinking in the next year or 2 to have 3 females 1 male? And by the end of next week I will have a yard enclosed with a house hide built and extra hides with a ton of roaming space
All same species? One male several girls work out good evidently. OH, WELCOME!

Dijon1

Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
I've kept two female RF together before. The key is a LOT of room and two of everything, however in my case they ended up sleeping and eating together. One was a food hog and would sit ON the plate so that the other couldn't get food and the sleeping together thing could have also been bullying looking back.
Ideally for RF it would be a male and then at least two females. I keep a male and four females together and have two others that remain separated from the rest as well as each other. It gets complicated.
Even with RF its best not to have two.
By the way, in my herd of five RF the dominant one is a smaller female. She is very bossy but has four others to keep in line so no single one has to feel her wrath.

Hello, I have been searching for some information about female aggression so was interested in your reply. I have a female that never showed signs of aggression but I recently took on two males (initially as a temporary but now permanent situation). When they are all out together for exercise, Sophie will often bite at the males and go through mating movements with them. I have to separate her often, especially when she picks on the younger male. I'm thinking this is normal now after reading your post, because it was her territory first. There are some days when she totally ignores them. Is this going to be a permanent behavior?