New to the Forum~

Rae.Shell.239

Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, CA
*IMG_1745.JPGName is Rachel from Southern California. I have six tortoises that are currently being raised by my grandfather, all children of the desert. I absolutely love tortoises, and I love learning about them. I hope to raise a Sulcata and an Aldabra when I move out and have the yard space to care for them. I'm usually very shy on forums, and often just become a lurker. . .but maybe that'll change when it comes to my shell-babies:
:tort:Tarrant:<3:
:tort:Thackery:<3:
:tort:Mallymkun:<3:
:tort:*[cringey name my brother gave my tortoise when he was 5]:<3:
:tort:Tyler:<3:
:tort:Taylor:<3:

Last edited:

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Rachel, great intro for a shy person! I think I like you already! I like lurking as well, especially when trying to look up stuff via google search and it spits out some weird forums I had no idea even existed. This forum here is my second one where I have officially signed up and actively participated. "Tortoising" was a new thing to me 2 yrs ago and I wanted to do right by our new family pets hence plunging into TFO. The first time forum was aquatic one when I was starting little fish tank for my children. I had learned there soooooo much! so this time when getting into reptiles, I started searching for info and when this forum came up, I thought to myself: bingo! And sooooo glad I did!!!! People here have not only taught me how to be the best Tortie Grandma (baby torts belong to my daughter) but I find forum activity to be often fun and very relaxing. At this same time mentally stimulating as there is learning process involved. So i hope that you too leave your "lurker slippers" outside the forum, and in here, just plunge in, immerse yourself in this wonderful community, share, learn, let us learn from you, make friends and enjoy! It's wonderful to have you here! And warmest welcome from Texas!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Rachel!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome!! You don't have to be shy around here!!

Rae.Shell.239

Orange County, CA
Hi Rachel, great intro for a shy person! I think I like you already! I like lurking as well, especially when trying to look up stuff via google search and it spits out some weird forums I had no idea even existed. This forum here is my second one where I have officially signed up and actively participated. "Tortoising" was a new thing to me 2 yrs ago and I wanted to do right by our new family pets hence plunging into TFO. The first time forum was aquatic one when I was starting little fish tank for my children. I had learned there soooooo much! so this time when getting into reptiles, I started searching for info and when this forum came up, I thought to myself: bingo! And sooooo glad I did!!!! People here have not only taught me how to be the best Tortie Grandma (baby torts belong to my daughter) but I find forum activity to be often fun and very relaxing. At this same time mentally stimulating as there is learning process involved. So i hope that you too leave your "lurker slippers" outside the forum, and in here, just plunge in, immerse yourself in this wonderful community, share, learn, let us learn from you, make friends and enjoy! It's wonderful to have you here! And warmest welcome from Texas!
Aw~ Thanks so much! I feel so welcomed to this site already and I've only been here a day! This is great~

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Welcome to the forum! ! ! !