New to the Forum and being a tortoise mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedsmom

5 Year Member
HI my name is Tabatha. I just got a Sulcata Tortoise today. We have named her Reed. (umm we think "her" anyways) Reed has a special story. She is a rescue in every sense of the word. She was saved from a pet store that was going out of business and the store owner stated "I am going to drown any pets that are left". So this angel took every creature that was left in the store. I work at the local animal shelter and we recieved the call yesterday that this tortoise would be coming in. I love turtles. I have had others that were pets, worked at a pet store briefly where they were sold. It goes to the extent that my desk is decorated with turtles and I have two tattoos of them as well. I love them. All shapes and sizes.

When Reed (we named her this because the angel that rescued her comes from Reedsport) came in today they immediatly called me and I went straight up there. She was cold and moist all over and not looking to happy with life. I am happy to report she is now all cozy in her setup (a extra large dog crate with heat lamps) and comes up to see you everytime you walk past her kennel.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Welcome to the forum Tabatha :)

I tweeked your post a bit so it's just an introduction thread and moved Kates post to the other thread you started in the right section. :D
It would confuse people to be asking the same questions twice. :p

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tabatha:

300991lic6cn0tsx.gif

to the forum!!

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
egyptiandan said:
Welcome to the forum Tabatha :)

I tweeked your post a bit so it's just an introduction thread and moved Kates post to the other thread you started in the right section. :D
It would confuse people to be asking the same questions twice. :p

Danny

Dang it, Danny. Right when I was hooked into Reed's story you cut it off! Maybe next time you could let us know which section you redirected the thread to?!:D

Sudhira

5 Year Member
reedsmom said:
HI my name is Tabatha. I just got a Sulcata Tortoise today. We have named her Reed. (umm we think "her" anyways) Reed has a special story. She is a rescue in every sense of the word. She was saved from a pet store that was going out of business and the store owner stated "I am going to drown any pets that are left". So this angel took every creature that was left in the store. I work at the local animal shelter and we recieved the call yesterday that this tortoise would be coming in. I love turtles. I have had others that were pets, worked at a pet store briefly where they were sold. It goes to the extent that my desk is decorated with turtles and I have two tattoos of them as well. I love them. All shapes and sizes.

When Reed (we named her this because the angel that rescued her comes from Reedsport) came in today they immediatly called me and I went straight up there. She was cold and moist all over and not looking to happy with life. I am happy to report she is now all cozy in her setup (a extra large dog crate with heat lamps) and comes up to see you everytime you walk past her kennel.

Bless your heart!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I didn't :p Tabatha posted the same thing in the sulcata forum. People had posted answers on both, so I had to mess around to make it so it was 2 threads. Just not the same threads :D
Here you go Stephanie http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-10429.html

Danny

TheACO731

5 Year Member
The OC
reedsmom said:
HI my name is Tabatha. I have two tattoos of them as well. I love them. All shapes and sizes.
Hello and welcome,
Anyone else have tortoise or turtle tattoos? Willing to post a pic? I was thinking of getting my sulcata tattooed on my arm, a mean looking(manly) pose like the old military bulldog tats, here’s a pic of one of those, it is not mine.

Shalon

5 Year Member
TheACO731 said:
reedsmom said:
HI my name is Tabatha. I have two tattoos of them as well. I love them. All shapes and sizes.
Hello and welcome,
Anyone else have tortoise or turtle tattoos? Willing to post a pic? I was thinking of getting my sulcata tattooed on my arm, a mean looking(manly) pose like the old military bulldog tats, here’s a pic of one of those, it is not mine.

I have one. I got it when I was 18.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the addition to the family! I hope you get pics of Reed up soon! How big is she?

Status
Not open for further replies.