New thread for pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gardner, MA
Maggie, great pics, We love Bob and Matt just wants to hold the beakless one and protect it from everything, just adorable.
Rich, Henry is so cute!!!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Maggie,

We decided to get one and have it be our spoiled little baby. I think my fiance is scared if I got more than one I'd keep getting more and more. We'll re-think this once we're out of an apartment though. Someday if I both have a yard and live in a warm climate I'd like to adopt a Sulcata. :) My fiance thinks it would be cool to have a dog and a tort, with the tort bigger than the dog.

My fiance wanted a dog and I talked him into getting the tort I've always wanted (I wanted a big one but a Russian still has the cuteness factor and is more manageable any size place we'd live in while still satisfying the want). I convinced him having a dog would impact our life more and be more expensive month to month, while we could still go away for the weekend with the tort and Trevor was only expensive the first month or two (spent all my xmas bonus on him!). He's since learned to love Trevor and now considers him like a son! It's so cute how spoiled the little guy is.

M

Maggie Cummings

tortoisenerd said:
Maggie,

We decided to get one and have it be our spoiled little baby. I think my fiance is scared if I got more than one I'd keep getting more and more. We'll re-think this once we're out of an apartment though. Someday if I both have a yard and live in a warm climate I'd like to adopt a Sulcata. :) My fiance thinks it would be cool to have a dog and a tort, with the tort bigger than the dog.

My fiance wanted a dog and I talked him into getting the tort I've always wanted (I wanted a big one but a Russian still has the cuteness factor and is more manageable any size place we'd live in while still satisfying the want). I convinced him having a dog would impact our life more and be more expensive month to month, while we could still go away for the weekend with the tort and Trevor was only expensive the first month or two (spent all my xmas bonus on him!). He's since learned to love Trevor and now considers him like a son! It's so cute how spoiled the little guy is.

That all makes sense, thanks for answering my nosy question!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Not nosy at all! I'm just not the norm here at the forum as I'm crazy about torts but still only have one. :) Spoiled little bugger. I totally missed his waking hours again. He was already in his burrow. I stuck my finger in to double check he was in there and I got a nasty hiss back from him! All his food was gone so I imagine he had a fun day...

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Here is my little Henry again. Taking in January. I date all the photos just to see how fast he's growing.

I put him on my coffee table, then he peed on it lol

13009-2.jpg

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
tortoisenerd said:
How does he seem to like the cacti? hehe What kind of substrate it that? Cute!

I think he believes the fake cacti are toys, the tall one he knocks over and drags around his enclosure. The substrate is some type of wood shavings, I bought it because it was the same substrate the reptile store was using in all the tortoise tanks. :cool:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You should get him a little ball so he can push that around. Maybe a golf ball or something like that. Maggies (Bob) has a ball and he pushes it around she says. Of course you might want to think about it a little first because if he gets used to a ball as a baby he'll probably become an obsessed adult Sulcata. I'm just speaking from my experience with my Chocolate Labrador. When we brought her home she was so little and cute she picked up a tennis ball in her mouth and of course that thrilled us because her mother loved playing ball also. Well now that she's 1 year old she drives us crazy if she doesn't have a ball and you don't throw it to her. It's taking some time, but we're breaking her slowing of the obsession. :) Candy

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Candy said:
You should get him a little ball so he can push that around. Maybe a golf ball or something like that. Maggies (Bob) has a ball and he pushes it around she says. Of course you might want to think about it a little first because if he gets used to a ball as a baby he'll probably become an obsessed adult Sulcata. I'm just speaking from my experience with my Chocolate Labrador. When we brought her home she was so little and cute she picked up a tennis ball in her mouth and of course that thrilled us because her mother loved playing ball also. Well now that she's 1 year old she drives us crazy if she doesn't have a ball and you don't throw it to her. It's taking some time, but we're breaking her slowing of the obsession. :) Candy

Oh he had one. Once he was walking around and found one of my cat toys, he was snapping at the plastic ball for half an hour. :)

It was fun to watch.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I love picturing that. It's so funny. It's like a small version of "Bob". Candy

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I thought I'd also "show off my tort" heehee! Hope you like :D
And that is a nuchal scute Tallula has right? SPECIAL girl :) (Im trying out the photobucket posting so hope it works...Im just guessing!!)

This is Tallula sunbathing
Mylittlesunbather.jpg

She loves the camera !
Ilikephotos.jpg

The aftermath after devastating a blackberry
blackberrymouth.jpg

April_2009020.jpg

Coming out her hide after a nice long night's sleep
Allomummy.jpg

I wanted to add these to the thread of "show off your tort pictures", but it seemed like there was so many there now...so I just started a new thread. I hope that is alright.

YAY it worked !!!! hahaha Just need to iron it out next time :p

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Cute Stace, nice photo's

Here is Henry again soaking up some rays by the pool. It’s HOT today. I made sure there was water in his enclosure and his food was wet. But two hours was long enough for the both of us.

4-19-09-2.jpg

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hahahaha so you like me and Tallula, we also sunbathe together :D Nice bonding time hahaha. She walks all over my arms, tickles :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Rich, Henry is a real cutie :), I wish I could have a sulcata, thanks for the pics :)

Stace, Tallula looks adorable :D
Thanks for the pics :)

I love tortoises pictures :D

Here are 2 close-ups of Hermy :D
In his bowl of water
GetAttachment4.jpg

and in his house looking around

GetAttachment.jpg

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Isa said:
Rich, Henry is a real cutie :), I wish I could have a sulcata, thanks for the pics :)

Stace, Tallula looks adorable :D
Thanks for the pics :)

I love tortoises pictures :D

Here are 2 close-ups of Hermy :D
In his bowl of water
GetAttachment4.jpg

and in his house looking around

GetAttachment.jpg

Thanks, your photos sure are better then mine :)

Here is Henry taking a nap after dinner.

4-20-09.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Rich and Stace :D
Rich, nice pic of Henry taking a nap (I love pictures of tortoises taking naps :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.