New substrate!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
I use peat moss-organic soil mix, about 50-50. It hold moisture well and it's dirt cheap--Pun intended! It cost me $15/year to fill 2, 4'x4' enclosures with 5" of mix. It's due for a change now, after a year.

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Kitkat1989

My breeder told me to use this stuff! Walt is on it at the moment because he digs in soil and literally just made a massive mess and couldn't find his poop! Where would I get this coco coir from? Does it have to be mixed?

Reptilelove

Plymouth
My breeder told me to use this stuff! Walt is on it at the moment because he digs in soil and literally just made a massive mess and couldn't find his poop! Where would I get this coco coir from? Does it have to be mixed?
I'm getting mine from pets at home today but pretty much every reptile or pet store do the coir bricks :) and you can mix it but you don't have to as far as I know

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Buy some top soil like mentioned above. Just make sure it's plain soil, not additives like potting soil has. You want it to be fertilizer free. You can get a 40# bag for like $3.00. Mix it with the new sub straight. You can also use long fiber sphagnum moss (found in the plant section of any hardware store) it too is like $3 a bag