New Sa Leopard !

BILBO-03

So I have a question I have read on the Aldabra section that @ALDABRAMAN how he feeds a all natural diet and I was wanting to try to do that in his outdoor enclosure so my question is are there any seeds or plants I could get for outside and inside to grow or maybe they sell them big already ? Anyway I was just wondering.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
So I have a question I have read on the Aldabra section that @ALDABRAMAN how he feeds a all natural diet and I was wanting to try to do that in his outdoor enclosure so my question is are there any seeds or plants I could get for outside and inside to grow or maybe they sell them big already ? Anyway I was just wondering.
One thing to remember is his location and weather allows it year round. Aren't you in Ohio or somewhere cold out east?

Several plaices like tortoise supply sell various weed seeds.

BILBO-03

One thing to remember is his location and weather allows it year round. Aren't you in Ohio or somewhere cold out east?

Several plaices like tortoise supply sell various weed seeds.
yes I'm in Ohio. I've checked tortoise supply they have some nice stuff I was just wanting some bigger plants I can bring them inside in the winter.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hibiscus, a potted grape vine, or mulberry tree. Coastal Silkworms aka Mad for Rads sell some dwarf mulberry once in awhile.

There are so many things you can grow in 'off season' weather. It can be fun or challenging. Many good soils also get little nats, or the there is not enough light in the window and on.

Over a few winters you'll sort out what works well for your resources.

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
Well it's been a week of taking care of bilbo and his appetite is getting better by the day ! He's gone from 30-33 grams not a big gain but it's a gain :)View attachment 197879

Hey man that's awesome! Big gain, 10%. Good looking fella too. I did cartwheels when my guy started gaining weight couple of weeks ago.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
That's a good sign! He will get big quickly.
My 2 new ones that are almost 4 months have exploded in gains. One is 120 grams and the other is 92. Looking forward to watching this one grow!

BILBO-03

Week 2 update: hi everyone:)
He continues to eat well and I can see growth coming in. I cant wait till he gets that white speckles all over him !
He's also 35.87 grams ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1485882381.115149.jpgthis is the growth i have been talking about,ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1485882531.296729.jpgsorry for the blurry pic but I think those little white lines are growth;)

BILBO-03

Week 3 update:

Weight-40 grams

Well he's still growing and eating well and I can see more growth coming in.
This morning he got some outside time too since it was high 60's outside.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486491020.206047.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486491044.498270.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486491057.010189.jpg