New Plant For Manoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
In the early spring I keep the young manouria in an enclosure where it gets more sun and is warmer, but when it gets hot I move them to a more shaded and cooler one.This year I enlarged it some so their are more and different plants for them to access. in less than 24 hours they were eating a plant I wasn't sure they would touch since they have never seen one before. Can you tell what type of plant it is? It is one that most people would not feed to a tortoise, and it is not the fern , even though they do eat the fiddlehead mine have never eaten any mature part of a fern.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Not sure what plant it is, but if they are eating it sure they are fine, they can eat plants humans can't eat, I found that tortoise will nibble it of they don't like it they don't eat it. Some will argue they arnt smart enough to tell, because they don't find it in he wild, but honestly they lived on this planet far longer then us and adapted to situations to survive,

If it worried about it I would take it out but honestly I would not worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.