New Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcqsusan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey there

Im Susan from a little place called Cavan in Ireland. Just bought my first tortoise yesterday and am completely inexperienced. I didn't get much info from the shop on tortoise care so i need all the help I can get!!

The little guy I bought is a Leopard tortoise and is about 12 to 18 months old. Actually, Im not sure if it is a guy. Have yet to investigate that. He's a surprise for my son who's making his communion Saturday coming. He asked for one but I'll be doing all the care.

We named him Squirt after the turtle in Finding Nemo! Im hoping he's not offended at being named after a turle!

Anyway that's us. Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences with other users.

Susan

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Susan. It will be awhile before you know what sex it is still too small to tell. congrats on your son making his communion this Saturday. I'm sure he will be fine with being named after a famous Movie Star Turtle :D

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello, and welcome to TFO. Congratulations on your new purchase. Most pet stores don't give you a lot of information. As Robyn said he is way to little to be able to ID his/her sex. Here is a caresheet for your tort...If you have any other questions feel free to ask, oh and we love pictures.

http://www.africantortoise.com/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome from sunny California, Susan. Glad you found us!!

Yvonne

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi Susan and welcome to the forum:)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum Susan! Congrats on your new baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.